PANO – Troops from Yen Bai Provincial Armed Force and army units garrisoned in Yen Bai Province have whole-heartedly assisted local people to overcome the aftermath of flooding caused by storm Kai Tak and torrential rains which hit the province on August 16th – 19th.
It is reported that 159 houses completely collapsed; 7,224 others were partly destroyed and 300 houses were submerged. Landslides and flooding claimed the lives of 2 people and injured 10.
Worse still, landslides had blocked traffic in 42 spots and, on the morning of August 19th, a landslide blocked traffic for hours at km 17 on Highway 70.
Facing this critical situation, 206 local officers and troops, 2,300 militiamen and 11 vehicles were mobilized to work with local forces to help local people stabilize their lives after the storm.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Floods aftermath: Officials extend help to victims
- Trump OKs federal aid for Oahu and Kauai victims of April floods
- ‘People just give up’: Low-income hurricane victims slam federal relief programs
- A nation’s struggle to overcome nature
- Cedar Rapids marks 10th anniversary of the historic flood
- ‘Always looking at the sky’: Life amidst Somalia’s flood waters
- Despite challenges, Cedar Rapids has seen post-flood business growth
- Remembering when Tropical Storm Allison flooded Houston
- Who will save Kashmir from floods?
- Kenya: Uhuru Urges G7 Leaders to Help End Global Plastic Menace
- Rajnath Singh calls up Assam CM; assures central help for floods
- Polk County not accepting volunteers after flooding; there are still ways to lend a hand
- These reservoirs keep Boise from flooding. But irrigators don't like how they're run.
- Thailand cave rescue mission picks up pace as flooding eases
- Why were so many people caught in the Des Moines flooding? This and other questions answered
- Harris County public safety agencies to receive boats to handle future flooding
- 'Seek higher ground now!' Mudslides, floods batter North Carolina mountains
- Wisconsin National Guard troops heading to Mexico border in Arizona
- Alberto's wrath kills 4, closes highways in NC due to floods, mudslides, fallen trees
- Never-seen photos show how historic 1948 flood swamped Portland
Troops' efforts help people overcome flooding aftermath have 343 words, post on at August 21, 2012. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.