The bank has served Vietnamese customers via its two representative offices in Hanoi and HCM City since 2015.
Speaking at the opening ceremony held on August 5, Thai Ambassador to Vietnam Nikorndej Balankura said that Thailand is currently the 9th largest foreign investor in Vietnam and also the largest trading partner of the country in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region.
The opening of a branch by KBank in HCM City is an important milestone reflecting the bank's strategic vision in strengthening economic ties between Thailand and Vietnam, he said.
Nguyen Van Dung, Deputy Director of the State Bank of Vietnam, HCM City branch said putting into operation of KBank branch in the city will raise the number of foreign bank branches in the city to 32, contributing to diversifying the activities of the credit institutions in the locality.
Sharing about the potential of the Vietnamese market, Kattiya Indaravijaya, CEO of KBank said that Vietnam is a rising star in the Southeast Asia region with high economic growth. The bright prospects of the economy can be attributed to the success in controlling the pandemic thanks to effective policies of the Government of Vietnam along with efforts to promote a cashless society.
According to the World Bank, Vietnam’s GDP growth in 2022 is expected to increase by 5.5%. The country has great resilience thanks to the fact that 60% of its population is of working age and digital-savvy.
Kattiya said that KBank aims to be the first foreign bank in Vietnam to offer fully-fledged “digital product solutions” to all customer segments.
KBank currently has an overseas service network covering the AEC 3 countries and beyond, for a total of 16 nations.
- First zero cost supermarket opens in HCM City
- HCM City upgrades cultural and sports construction projects
- Vietnamese, French artists' paintings in HCM City
- HCM City businesses take safety measures to protect workers from coronavirus
- State Bank of HCM City sets up hotline to support businesses affected by pandemic
- State Bank of HCM City sets up hotline to support businesses
- 10,000 face masks donated to Thai Consulate General in HCM City
- Zero-priced supermarket helps struggling locals in HCM City
- HCM City event honours 45 years of VN-Japan ties
- Social distancing restrictions to be eased in Hà Nội and HCM City
- ATM machine offering free food supports deprived people in HCM City
- How to build a city from scratch: the handy step-by-step DIY guide
- Cần Thơ City to build startup ecosystem
- School reopening times vary among provinces, cities
- Thailand Postpones Purchase of Chinese Submarines Amid New COVID-19 Budget Cuts
- No new cases of COVID-19 for a week, social distancing order eased in major cities
- Muthoot Finance to reopen all branches across the country on April 20
- One of Australia's biggest cities is so quiet that kangaroos are jumping through the center
- Walgreens to open rapid testing sites in Houston, Pasadena
- Lockdown days: Stuck in Thailand, Sajan Prakash finds extra time to recover from injury
Thailand’s Kasikornbank opens first branch in HCM City have 473 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 8, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.