Hanoi (VNA) – Mobile phone and laptop distributor s and retailer s reported good revenue and profit in July, showing that business activity of companies operating in this field are on the rebound from the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to surveys by Bao Viet Securities JSC (BVSC) with Digital World JSC (DGW) and PetroVietnam General Services JSC Corporation (PET) – the two big laptop and mobile phone distributors in Vietnam, leaders of these firms said that they all saw signs of recovery in the demand for laptops and mobile phones in July.
The revenue from laptop sales of DGW in the month increased by 5% over the same period last year, and is forecast to continue recovering in August and September. Meanwhile, mobile phone revenue surged 105% year on year as consumption last year was heavily affected by pandemic-induced restrictions.
PET also confirmed the same trend although it has not yet released its preliminary business data for July.
According to BVSC’s estimates, mobile phone revenue in the second quarter of 2022 in Vietnam increased by 15.2% year-on-year, reaching 26.8 trillion VND (1.145 billion USD), but was down 4.2 trillion VND compared to that reported in the first quarter.
Vietnam's mobile phone revenue is estimated to grow 13.4% year-on-year in the first half of 2022 to 57.9 trillion VND.
However, according to SSI Securities JSC (SSI), inflation has affected purchasing power, forcing consumers to cut spending on non-essential items from the second quarter of 2022.
SSI forecasts that big companies will gain more market share thanks to their strong bargaining power with suppliers, allowing them to mitigate the impact of higher cost of goods and thereby offer more discounts to customers in the context of inflationary pressure./.
- Spy agency ducks questions about 'back doors' in tech products
- Vietnam GDP growth poised to rebound 8.1% in 2021: HSBC
- iPhone 8 launch: Apple distributors' shares gain
- As Malaysia reopens its economy amid COVID-19, how can it protect and nurture the tech sector?
- Deal to help offline to online businesses discover latest retail trends
- US retail sales rise less than expected in July
- Online + Offline retail can help add 12 million new jobs, up to $125bn exports: Report
- Bau Bang District of Binh Duong Province draws investment in high-tech sector
- US consumer spending rises strongly; outlook uncertain as fiscal stimulus fades
- China's retail sales unexpectedly fall as consumer caution prevails
- US retail sales snap back; high unemployment, rising COVID-19 loom over recovery
- Huawei ban timeline: Chinese company reportedly prepares to halve its 2021 phone production
- Wall Street rebounds as market eyes tech results, strong US data
- IFA is the first tech conference to host people since the coronavirus pandemic hit
- Commerical GPS Turns 25: How the Unwanted Military Tech Found Its True Calling
- China industrial output, retail sales surge in pandemic rebound
- Commentary: Retail in China has exploded with online sales agents. Now Walmart wants in
- US economy starts long recovery as retail sales post record jump
- Netflix Chief Product Officer: expect 4K streaming within a year or two
- US manufacturing production solid; imported inflation muted
Tech-product distributors, retailers see strong rebound in July have 482 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 15, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.