The local household poverty rate, measured by using multidimensional criteria, has been brought down to 6.64% from 36.7% in 1992, when Soc Trang was re-established. The rate in ethnic minority communities stands at 2.85% at present, down 3 – 4% annually.
All the communes with many ethnic minorities have secondary schools, healthcare stations, and concrete roads reaching their centres. Besides, 100% of communes, wards, and towns in the province have gained access to the national power grid and met the national healthcare criteria. Up to 99.6% of rural residents are now using hygienic water.
Lam Van Man, Secretary of the provincial Party Committee, said building on these achievements, the Party Committee had issued a resolution on the implementation of the national target programme on socio-economic development in ethnic minority areas for 2021 – 2025, and then the provincial People's Committee worked out an action plan with detailed objectives.
For 2025, Soc Trang looks to raise the average per capita income of ethnic minority people to at least 70 million VND (3,000 USD) while cutting down the household poverty rate in the communities by 3 – 4% each year. It is also working to have over 99% of the ethnic minority households using electricity from the national grid and other appropriate sources, and 100% accessing telecoms services.
He noted provincial authorities will provide more training for and appropriately use personnel who are ethnic minority people. Those with substantial contributions to local socio-economic development will also be commended and honoured in a timely manner.
In addition, Soc Trang will improve vocational training quality and job provision to increase the rate of trained and employed workers in the minority communities. More scientific and technical advances will be transferred while the production of profitable farm produce under value chains will be facilitated to help local residents develop livelihoods, according to the official.
The province has a population of more than 1.19 million, over 35% of whom are ethnic minority people. Khmer people account for over 30% of the total population and Hoa people over 5%, according to 2020 statistics./.
- The Pros and Cons of Corruption
- The Cultural Narcissist - Lasch In An Age Of Diminishing Expectations
- Senator Biden's Plan for Iraq: Can it Work?
- Balkan Lessons
- Cities, States, and Others Step Up Action on Climate, Despite Federal Reluctance
- Gender wage gap (Men are Paid Higher Wages)
- Business and Market Overview on Indonesia
- Role of E-factor in Mainstreaming Tribal Youth in Orissa
- Is the Chipko Movement Towards Forest Appraisal
- Role of government in Education
- The Self-Appointed Altruists
- An Entrepreneurial Development Framework for Institutions of Higher Education
- Growing Our Own Entrepreneurs: A New Model for Black Entrepreneurship
- Chevrolet Vega
- Holism & the Gestalt
- Hot topic: Evangelicals Debate Global Warming
- The Bushkrieg: Stop the NeoCon Assault on the Rights of Americans - Ratify the ERA Now!
Soc Trang invests efforts in poverty reduction among ethnic minority groups have 486 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.