There are five vaccines being in the research and clinical trial process, namely Nanocovax, COVIVAC, ARCT-154, COVID-19 HIPRA and S-268019, the ministry said, adding the research is being conducted on schedule and in line with contents of the research plans approved by the ministry. The work is expected to complete in December next year.
As of August 11, Vietnam received 253,071,094 doses of COVID-19 vaccine, including 234,636,494 for the people aged 12 and above, and 18,434,600 for children aged between 5-11.
So far, as many as 249,778,892 doses have been administered to people nationwide, with 100% of people aged over 18 years old; and from 12 to under 18 getting the first and second injections.
The vaccination rate of 3rd and 4th shots in the over-18-year-old group reached 73.9% and 57.4%, respectively.
In July, as many as 13.4 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine were administered to people nationwide, up 2.1 million compared to June, the ministry said.
Localities across the country are swiftly deploying the vaccination of the 1st and 2nd shot for children aged 5 – under 12; the third shot for people aged 12 and older; and the fourth shots for the groups that are designated under the guidance of the Ministry of Health.
- Timeline of China releasing information on COVID-19 and advancing international cooperation on epidemic response
- Coronavirus updates: Another 4.4 million US jobless claims, CDC director warns of second wave of COVID-19
- Coronavirus latest: IMF appeals for billions in aid to Africa during pandemic
- Coronavirus: IMF appeals for billions in aid to Africa during pandemic
- Coronavirus latest: EU leaders want large recovery fund, stall on details
- Coronavirus updates: Trump says new social distancing guidelines coming, cases hit 2M worldwide
- Coronavirus updates: White House offers guidelines to loosen lockdown
- Coronavirus updates: FDA approves first at-home coronavirus test
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: March 14-15
- Coronavirus: Smaller gatherings may soon be allowed, ATO lets nearly half a million Aussies access $3.8b in super
Progress in research, clinical trials of domestic COVID-19 vaccines updated have 303 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 13, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.