Hanoi (VNA) – President Nguyen Xuan Phuc hosted a reception in Hanoi on August 9 for Lt. Gen. Hun Manet , Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces (RCAF) and Commander of the Royal Cambodian Army .
The President expressed his hope that Hun Manet's visit will significantly contribute to the success of the Vietnam-Cambodia Friendship Year 2022 marking the 55th anniversary of the bilateral diplomatic ties (June 24, 1967).
Phuc congratulated Cambodian people on great, comprehensive achievements they have recorded over the past time, and noted his belief that Cambodia will gain more attainments in both home and external affairs in the time ahead, and successfully fulfill its ASEAN Chairmanship 2022 and organise its general elections in 2023.
Highlighting the traditional friendship between the two neighbouring countries, the President said he hopes that the Lt. Gen., in both his current and future positions, will make more contributions to preserving and developing the good neighborliness, traditional friendship and comprehensive, sustainable, long-term cooperation.
For his part, Hun Manet also congratulated Vietnamese people on their achievements, especially in COVID-19 prevention and control, socio-economic recovery and development and the organisation of the 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games 31).
He conveyed the deep gratitude of Cambodian people to the Vietnamese Party, State, army and people for their support during Cambodia's struggle against the genocidal regime as well as the present cause of national construction and development.
The officer also thanked Vietnam for backing Cambodia in performing the role of ASEAN Chair 2022, suggesting the two countries strengthen their solidarity in the face of regional and international uncertainties.
The two sides noted with pleasure active developments of the Vietnam-Cambodia multi-faceted cooperation, especially joint efforts in maintaining all-level meetings at all channels and coordination in organising activities within the friendship year.
They said two-way trade has maintained its growth, hitting 6.3 billion USD in the first half of this year, up more than 20% year-on-year.
Emphasising the progress in defence cooperation – an important pillar in the bilateral ties, host and guest expressed their hope that the collaboration will grow further for peace, stability, independence and self-reliance in each country.
Phuc asked Hun Manet to convey his wishes and regards to King Norodom Sihamoni, Prime Minister Hun Sen and other senior leaders of Cambodia./.
- High-Ranking NYPD Officer Disciplined in Connection With Corruption Probe
- Joe Biden will issue an executive order on his first day in office to stop 'ethics conflicts' with his sleazy son Hunter, Democratic frontrunner's campaign says as questions mount over business dealings
- US Media: Military to Run Country if White House, Congress Are Incapacitated by COVID-19
- Exclusive: Inside The Military's Top Secret Plans If Coronavirus Cripples the Government
- US confirms Afghanistan military plane crash as Taliban claim they shot it down
- Biden receives Secret Service protection
- Italy calls in military to enforce lockdown as coronavirus crisis intensifies in north
- Details, Date of Trump's Military Parade Revealed
- Donald Trump says he's a 'wartime president' as he signs special defense powers to ramp up medical equipment production 'in case of worst-case scenario' to tackle 'unseen enemy'
- Mass shooting puts Thai army officers' side deals under scrutiny
- Here are the 2 Democrats who are running for president
- High-flying Afghanistan war veteran, 50, 'who could've been a general' sues MoD for £1.5m over career-ending injury sustained in sniper rifle training
- Head of U.S. military's Southern Command tests negative for coronavirus
- Coronavirus patients line the corridors in footage from inside Italian hospital, as military trucks transport scores of victims' coffins to be cremated
- In battling coronavirus, Trump embraces his 'wartime' presidency
- Military units to step up COVID-19 containment efforts
- US military's role in response to virus outbreak is growing
- New York Mayor Urges Trump to Announce Full US Military Mobilization Amid COVID-19 Crisis
- Coronavirus shows off Donald Trump's single greatest accomplishment as President
- World’s back office scrambles to stay online as India locks down
President receives Cambodian high-ranking military officer have 649 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.