The meeting aimed to seek ways to resolve challenges hampering the progress of one of the most critical infrastructure projects in Hanoi. Construction of the rail way started in 2008 and was initially planned to finish in 2015.
The double-track railway is 12.5km long, with the elevated sections spanning 8.5km and the remaining 4km underground. Only 75% of the work has been completed, with investment doubling to more than 34 trillion VND (over 1.45 billion USD).
The Hanoi People's Committee, consultants and contractors are held responsible for the project's extended delays, PM Chinh said, adding that there has been a lack of coordination between the municipal People's Committee and concerned ministries and units.
The deadline for the underground parts must be shortened, probably by half of the proposed 2027, and additional funding must not be sourced from ODA but the State budget instead, he ordered.
The PM later assigned Standing Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh as head of a working group responsible for removing barriers for the project and demanded the Ministries of Finance, Public Security, Transport, and Construction to coordinate with the Hanoi People's Committee in boosting its progress.
"We must use experience acquired from implementing this project for others, particularly those aiming to expand Hanoi's development space," PM Chinh said.
Prior to the meeting, PM Chinh paid a field trip to several components of the project, including underground Terminal S9 on Kim Ma street, elevated Terminal S8 in Cau Giay street and the depot area.
- Site clearance problems among transport projects to be resolved soon: PM
- Environmental pollution and urban traffic under discussion
- Int’l integration in politics-defence-security progresses
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 6
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DEC. 4
- China Focus: New trends in Spring Festival travel rush
- Winter Session LIVE: Cabinet likely to clear Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Winter Session LIVE: Cabinet clears Citizenship Amendment Bill
PM Pham Minh Chinh checks progress of Nhon-Hanoi Station urban railway have 309 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 9, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.