Looking into wrongdoings in the leadership over COVID-19 prevention and control by the Party civil affairs board at the Hai Duong provincial People's Committee, the commission said the Standing Board of the provincial Party Committee and the civil affairs board at the provincial People's Committee had violated democratic centralism principles and working regulations. A lack of supervision had enabled the provincial People's Committee and some organizations and individuals to break Party rules and State laws on pandemic prevention and control, especially in signing contracts and creating conditions for the Viet A Technologies JSC to exclusively sell COVID-19 test kits and illegally conduct tests; the procurement of medical supplies; the provision of financial aid for the pandemic; and upgrades to health establishments.
Some officials involved in those law violations have been investigated and put into temporary detention.
The commission blamed these wrongdoings on the Standing Board of the Party Committee, the Party civil affairs board of the People's Committee of Hai Duong, and some incumbent and former officials of this province, including Pham Xuan Thang – member of the Party Central Committee, Secretary of the provincial Party Committee, and Chairman of the provincial People's Council.
The irregularities by the above-mentioned organizations and individuals caused "very serious" consequences and great losses to the State budget and society, while causing public concern and negatively affected the reputation of the local Party committee and administration to an extent that required disciplinary measures, according to the commission.
It demanded the Standing Board of the provincial Party Committee and the civil affairs board of the People's Committee of Hai Duong deal with these wrongdoings in a timely manner, and discipline the organizations and individuals involved.
At the meeting, the Inspection Commission also discussed wrongdoings at the Standing Board of the Party Committee of the Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade (Vietinbank) in the 2010 – 2015 tenure.
It found that the Standing Board had infringed upon working regulations and lacked a sense of responsibility in leadership as well as supervision, thus enabling the bank's board of directors, some organizations and individuals to violate rules on credit, payment guarantees, and management of loans at Trung Dung Trade and Tourism Co. Ltd.
Given that these matters have already been settled, the commission requested the Standing Board of Vietinbank's Party Committee, along with related organizations and individuals, to seriously self-review and learn lessons from the case.
Meanwhile, the commission proposed the Party Central Committee's Secretariat to issue disciplinary measures for the Party civil affairs board at the Gia Lai provincial People's Committee in the 2016 – 2021 and 2021 – 2026 tenures, along with Vo Ngoc Thanh – Vice Secretary of the provincial Party Committee, and Secretary of the Party civil affairs board and Chairman of the provincial People's Committee, for irregularities found by the commission at its 17th session.
It also decided to give warnings and reprimands to some incumbent and former officials of Gia Lai.
Given the wrongdoings at the Party Committee of the Finance Ministry's Price Management Department as concluded at the 17th session, the Inspection Commission decided to strip Nguyen Anh Tuan, member of the Finance Ministry's Party Committee and Secretary of the Party Committee and Director of the Price Management Department, from all Party-related positions in the 2015-2020 and 2020-2025 tenures.
It issued warnings against the Party Committee of the Price Management Department in the 2015 – 2020 tenure, one incumbent official, and one former official of the department. It also reprimanded the department's Party Committee in the 2020 – 2025 tenure.
During the 18th session, the commission also scrutinized and made decisions on other important issues.
- Party Inspection Commission delegation visits Cambodia
- February 15-21: Politburo and Secretariat of Party Central Committee hold first session
- Politburo, Secretariat of Party Central Committee hold first session
- Party Central Committee’s Inspection Commission announces outcomes of 27th session
- Inspection Commission disciplines former officials
- Inspection commissions granted more power to combat corruption
- Senior police officials and Party members to be disciplined: Inspection Commission
- Party Inspection refocuses officials on responsibilities
- Laos updated on Party inspections
- List of members of the 13th Politburo and PCC’s Secretariat and Chairman of the PCC’s Inspection Commission
- July 20 – 26: Top leader chairs 18th session of Central Steering Committee for Anti-Corruption
- Việt Nam, Laos share experiences in Party inspection
- Rahul Gandhi chairs Congress Steering Committee meeting; party to hold plenary session in March
- Party Central Committee’s 13th session commences
- Eulogies as Ugwuanyi, EXCO members, hold valedictory session for late Transport Commissioner
- Hanoi ready for Party Congress
- PM: Việt Nam ready to partner with Laos in inspection work
- Mr. Nguyen Phu Trong re-elected to be Party General Secretary
- 12th PCC to open eighth session
- Party Central Committee dismissed Đà Nẵng leader
Party Inspection Commission holds 18th session have 789 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.