With the theme A World Beyond Cash – Accelerating, Innovating, Connecting you to Priceless Possibilities , the forum has helped sketch the big picture of the current payment landscape, drawing the ways how Mastercard and its key partners join hands to increase the capability of payment and better serve the population in Vietnam.
Vietnam is now among the fastest-growing economies in Asia-Pacific, experiencing the fourth payment revolution and showing great growth potential, thanks to a young population with a digital mindset.
Despite the negative impacts brought by the pandemic, the Asian Development Bank forecasts that the country's GDP will reach 6.5 per cent in 2022, increasing 2.5 times from 2021's figure and reflecting the most impressive economic recovery across Southeast Asia.
In 2021, apart from maintaining a positive GDP figure, Vietnam recorded a 13 per cent increase in credit growth and a 9 per cent increase in foreign investments, alongside the $21 billion valued internet economy, driven by 8 million new digital consumers during the pandemic.
Safdar Khan, Mastercard’s division president for Southeast Asia said, "Vietnam is on the path of imperative growth, in parallel with peer nations in the Southeast Asia region and has shown a remarkable ability to adapt and evolve to achieve progress. With this remarkable achievement, all market players must work together to ensure that this growth is sustainable.”
Khan added, “Beyond offering new payment technologies to partners, Mastercard is committed to working closely with the Vietnamese government and businesses to develop solutions that empower a more financially inclusive society in Vietnam and help the country realise its cashless economy vision. By leveraging Mastercard's global expertise, Mastercard stands with Vietnam on the pathway towards a more globally connected and competitive economy,” he added.
At the Mastercard Customer Forum 2022, Mastercard has also presented a series of awards celebrating its partners' achievements in accelerating payment services in 2021 in recognition of their leadership in payment business performance and growth, both domestically and cross-border.
|Winnie Wong, Mastercard’s country manager for Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia|
|Winnie Wong, Mastercard’s country manager for Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia asserted the company's stronger commitment to the market through innovative partnerships, saying that "despite the challenges from the pandemic, it's exciting to see such fast and positive progress in Vietnam, thanks to the trust and cooperation with Mastercard's valued partners.”|
She added that Mastercard also looks forward to bringing their most innovative payment technologies and solutions as well as global expertise to offer tailored and best-in-class programmes and solutions to meet the needs of partners, businesses, organisations, and people.
Together with collaborative efforts to facilitate a cashless and inclusive economy, Mastercard is going an extra mile to establish and reinforce its presence in the market with the debut of the Vietnam version of its Sound of Trust – the Mastercard melody recognised by consumers worldwide in storefronts, at payment terminals, in apps, and online.
Meanwhile, Mastercard also makes efforts to realise its long-standing commitment to enabling priceless experiences, introducing Vietnamese consumers to the power of personal connection and emotional fulfilment with the extension of its award-winning Priceless platform.
Mastercard goes the extra mile to bring Priceless to life for its partners and customers by bridging connections over a shared passion for food – one among nine leading passion points at Mastercard.
Distinguished guests were invited on a bespoke culinary experience, specifically curated by top celebrity chefs with domestic and international acclaim, and enjoyed the flavours of Vietnam in a unique and priceless way never before seen.
Being the first Mastercard Customer Forum in Asia-Pacific since the pandemic, the 2022 event sets a new milestone in Mastercard's journey in Vietnam while highlighting the next developmental phase of cashless payment with the active participation of local players.
The event also solidifies the global payment technology company's commitment to Vietnam as one of its major markets in the Asia-Pacific, and how the country has been integrating deeply in terms of cashless payment vision, heading towards a dynamic, flexible, and sustainably developed digital economy.
- Salah Celebration comes alive as StarTimes partners brands to reward loyal customers
- Mastercard accelerates crypto card partner programme
- AIA Vietnam sees shift in role from mere payer to partner in customers’ well-being
- The celebrity and the Consumer Protection Act
- AEON tells Vietnamese firms seeking to increase exports to Japan to up their game
- Vietnamese firms to promote exports to Southeast Asia
- Vietnamese customers spend more during year-end seasons
- Vietnamese farmers enslaved, poisoned by toxic chemicals
- Vietnamese cashew nuts to be on tables of European countries
- Vietjet Air most impactful Vietnamese brand worldwide
- After 25 years, US views Vietnam as trusted partner
- Novaland partners with Minor Hotel to manage Avani Saigon
- Pride Month 2020: Know The Reason Behind Its Celebration In The Month Of June
- AT&T tells customers to buy new phones because their old ones will stop working...in 2022
- Vietnamese firms should take advantage of ‘golden time’ to penetrate EU market
- AT&T notifies customers that they will lose service if they don't buy a new phone
- Portman group will bring NWSL to Los Angeles in 2022
- GBG and CredoLab partner to extend digital fraud risk management for Southeast Asia's unbanked, new-to-credit and gig economy workers to onboard and transact easily
- Vietjet recognised as most inspiring Vietnamese brand worldwide
- Vietjet recognized as the most impactful Vietnamese brand worldwide
Mastercard celebrated its Customer Forum 2022 for Vietnamese partners have 873 words, post on vir.com.vn at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.