The Tan Thuan CMC Data Centre, considered the most modern and safest data centre and cloud computing infrastructure facility in Viet Nam, officially opened on Monday.
With investment of VND1.5 trillion (US$64 million) from the CMC technology group, the centre covers 13,000 sq.m at Tan Thuan Export Processing Zone in District 7, HCM City.
It was designed by B-Barcelona of Singapore and meets strict international standards for a modern data centre.
Addressing the opening ceremony, President Nguyen Xuan Phuc repeated the goal of developing HCM City into a high-quality service, modern technology, and advanced cultural hub that can take the lead in developing the digital economy and society.
To that end, the direct engagement of strong, visionary and enthusiastic tech companies like CMC was highly important, he said, calling on businesses to mobilise resources to help HCM City quickly become a major centre for artificial intelligence and big data in Viet Nam and the region.
The State leader applauded CMC's strong investment and impressive progress in the IT sector, describing the Tan Thuan Data Centre – its third data centre that is comparable to others in Southeast Asia – as a proud stride.
The firm should pay special attention to forming professional and high-quality personnel and increasing cooperation with other technology businesses to develop digital technology infrastructure and manpower, he noted, expressing his hope that the centre would be the "heart" of digital transformation services for the Government, the city, as well as domestic and foreign clients.
The President took this occasion to ask ministries and sectors to create breakthrough mechanisms to facilitate investment in digital transformation and application of digital technology in enterprises, thus helping turn Viet Nam into a digital hub in Asia-Pacific. — VNS
- Equinix opens 11th Tokyo data centre, its largest in Japan
- ST Telemedia to build first Thailand data centre with joint venture partner
- Equinix to open ME2 Melbourne data centre in third quarter
- AirTrunk raises SG$450m for new Singapore data centre
- Equinix to launch 12 data centres and expand 23 sites in 2019
- Equinix plans $85m Singapore data centre
- Seoul pinned for new Equinix data centre
- Alibaba Cloud opens second data centre in Japan
- Sydney is home to new AU$224m Equinix data centre
- Australia brings in data centre certification with new government Hosting Strategy
- ST Telemedia to build another Singapore data centre amidst growing cloud demand
- Intel's cascade of data centre riches
- Microsoft Technology Centre opens in Sydney
- NextDC still pushing to wind up Asia Pacific Data Centres Trust
- Alibaba Cloud doubles capacity in Indonesia with second data centre
- Microsoft's first African data centers open in Cape Town and Johannesburg
- Plastic, rubber industry exhibition opens in HCM City
- The IBM Cloud: an open approach to rapid innovation
- Alibaba Blinks: Building an open source, data-driven cloud empire in real-time
- SK Telecom launches 5G edge computing open platform
Leading data centre opens in Viet Nam have 477 words, post on bizhub.vn at August 16, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.