Vice director of the HCMC Tourism Department Bui Thi Ngoc Hieu (L) offer a gift to a representative of the delegation of South African visitors.
The tourists of Absa Group Limited, a South Africa-based financial services provider traveled to HCMC for meetings from August 11-14.
They stayed at InterContinental Saigon hotel and will take sightseeing tours by bus or Vespa scooters to visit the city's attractions and enjoy Vietnamese dishes, then discover a boat tour on the Saigon River.
Vice director of the HCMC Tourism Department Bui Thi Ngoc Hieu (3rd, L) offer gifts to a representatives of the delegation of South African visitors.
Absa's director extended his heartfelt thanks to leaders of the HCMC Tourism Department and travel companies for a warm welcome. Besides participating in events and exploring the city’s sights, South African tourists also look for investment opportunities in HCMC, he said.
The visitors said that they will come back to the southern economic hub and bring South African tourists to the city in the coming time.
A delegation of 123 MICE visitors from South Africa arrives in HCMC on August 11.
Speaking at the receiving ceremony, Vice director of the municipal Tourism Department Bui Thi Ngoc Hieu said that HCMC was named Asia’s leading destination for meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions at the annual World MICE Awards in 2021.
Year to date, the city's tourism sector has received several delegations of MICE visitors, such as 150 American travelers in April, and 460 Indian visitors in July. The city is spearheading efforts to tap into the potential of its cultural and tourism industry to attract more visitors for meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions.
By Thi Hong – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Two climbers die while 'abseiling' down South Africa's Table Mountain
- Woman mauled to death at 'lion whisperer' reserve in South Africa
- Woman mauled to death at 'Lion Whisperer' sanctuary in South Africa weeks after Cara Delevingne photoshoot
- Take walk on the wild side by sampling rich rewards of South Africa's far north
- South Africa select De Villiers, Steyn for first-ever four-day Test
- South Africa's Zuma resigns, forced out by own party
- South Africa, Australia brace for pace
- Katie Hopkins: I paid in full for my medical treatment in South Africa
- South Africa's ANC votes for Jacob Zuma's replacement
- Katie Hopkins collapses after 'taking ketamine' in South Africa
- Pair of lions rescued from war zones in Iraq and Syria transported to new lives in South Africa
- PR firm Bell Pottinger kicked out of trade body for 'racial hatred' campaign in South Africa
- ICC charges South Africa's Rabada with Level Two offence
- Wales 24 South Africa 22: Hadleigh Parkes with two-try debut but Springboks stage frightening fightback
- France 17 South Africa 18: Guy Noves clinging onto his job as Les Bleus lose sixth in a row to Springboks
- England soundly beaten by South Africa with visitors reaching their 153 target in just 29 overs
- Counting begins as South Africa's ANC votes for Jacob Zuma's replacement
- South Africa extend advantage despite loss of Elgar
- Ben Stokes century sets up dramatic two-run victory for England to seal series win over South Africa at the Ageas Bowl
- France named as shock 2023 Rugby World Cup hosts ahead of South Africa
HCMC receives MICE visitors from South Africa have 515 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.