The Hanoi event saw the participation of Dinh Tien Dung, Politburo member and Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee, and Anouphap Tounalom, Secretary of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party (LPRP) Central Committee, and Secretary of the Party Committee and Chairman of the People's Council of Vientiane.
Nguyen Manh Quyen, Vice Chairman of Hanoi People's Committee, said relations between Hanoi and Vientiane and other localities in Laos have been promoted across all channels, with effective projects in economy, healthcare, education, agriculture, military and people-to-people exchanges.
In the first half of this year, Hanoi exported 74.8 million USD worth of goods to Laos, making up 0.9% of the city's total export value, while importing 98.3 million USD worth of goods from the neighboring country, or 0.48% of Hanoi's accumulative import revenue.
Noting the all-round cooperation between Hanoi and Vientiane, the official said the two capital cities have supported each other in COVID-19 prevention and control in both cash and kind.
The conference also offered an opportunity for participants to establish strategic partnerships in investment, trade and tourism in the "new normal."
According to the Hanoi Department of Planning and Investment, Hanoi has funded a number of projects in Lao localities, including the Vientiane-Hanoi friendship vocational training school worth 14.8 billion VND (632,748 USD).
Within the framework of the conference, there was an exhibition displaying photos on famous destinations in the two countries and the cooperation between the two countries and cities, along with products from craft villages in Hanoi and Vientiane.
Three memorandums of understanding between Vientiane and Hanoi enterprises were exchanged on the occasion.
- China, Sri Lanka vow to further promote cooperation, ties
- Omani businesses seek cooperation partners in Vietnam
- President Tran Dai Quang’s Bangladesh visit aims for 1 billion USD trade
- Hanoi trails regional tourist hubs in attracting visitors
- Hanoi to become smart travel destination
- Vietnam, Czech Republic target US$1 billion trade
- US-ASEAN Business Council helps Cambodia diversify tourism products
- China-Morocco economic, trade cooperation bears fruitful results through CIIE
- Friendship and cooperation – mainstream of Vietnam-China relations
- Interview: China, Vietnam should promote sound, stable development of relationship, says ambassador
- Golden chance for Can Tho to boost investment ties with Japan
- Forum seeks solutions to improve attractiveness of Vietnam’s tourism
- Viet Nam and Japan agree to boost tourism co-operation
- ASEAN senior economic officials meet in Hanoi
- Vietnam, UK cooperate in building information model development
- Tien Thinh International closes Vietnam-Australia trade seminars
- Hanoi considers vehicle ban, metro underground station near Hoan Kiem Lake
- Binh Dinh turns martial arts into its special tourism products
- Binh Dinh province calls for RoK investment
- Italy’s 72nd National Day marked in Hanoi
Hanoi, Vientiane promote cooperation in investment, trade, tourism have 424 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 12, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.