The activities, including film screenings, fashion shows, flag raising ceremony, culinary introduction, folk games, and sports tournaments, among others will take place from August 6 to 28.
Organized by the Vietnamese Embassy in coordination with the Indonesian Embassy and the Philippine Community in Tanzania, the event aims to promote exchanges and connections between citizens within ASEAN and Tanzania in the fields of culture, cinema and cuisine.
It drew the participation of officials and staff of the embassies and people of the three ASEAN countries who are living and working in the country as well as 200 Tanzanian youths, students and international friends.
Addressing the event, Vietnamese Ambassador to Tanzania Nguyen Nam Tien described the celebration of the 55th founding anniversary as an opportunity to connect cultures, introducing the characteristics of the ASEAN Community in general and of Vietnam in particular to local friends.
Meanwhile, Indonesian Ambassador to Tanzania Tri Yogo Jatmiko said he expected the cultural exchange will help Tanzanian youths have a better understanding of cultures in the ASEAN community.
Within the framework of the event, the Vietnamese Embassy in Tanzania introduced Vietnam’s culture and contribution to the ASEAN Community through the screening of two short documentaries “Welcome to Vietnam” and “The 37th ASEAN Summit," as well as the ao dai (traditional long dress) show through the performance of Tanzanian models.
- Day of Azerbaijani Culture to be held in Moscow
- Heydar Aliyev Foundation's 15th anniversary marked [PHOTO]
- Day of Azerbaijani Culture marked in Moscow [PHOTO]
- Children's dance group marks 4th anniversary [PHOTO]
- Country marks 121st birthday of national cinema
- UK & AZ Graffiti Show held in Baku [PHOTO]
- Les Arts Florissants marks 40 years of modern baroque
- Azerbaijan marks International Children's Day
- UK & AZ Graffiti Show to be held soon
- Harry and Meghan set for first anniversary celebrations
- Strict rules as China prepares for 70th anniversary
- Events mark second Grenfell anniversary
- Broken stars mark Bulgarian communism anniversary
- Harry to mark Invictus Games anniversary
- Memorial services to mark 25 years since RAF Chinook crash
- Skegness couple renews wedding vows to mark 60 years of marriage
- Spartanky Plast Sorority marks 60th anniversary
- Alive Corn Exchange has it all going on in months to come
- 45th anniversary of Cyprus peace operation marked
- Anniversaries, Change and Performance
Cultural exchanges held to mark ASEAN’s 55th founding anniversary have 359 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 11, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.