Seoul (VNA) – Vietnamese labourers who are working in the Republic of Korea (RoK) within the Employment Permit System (EPS) programme raised questions relating to their rights, interests and obligations at a meeting on August 14.
This is the first in-person legal consultation for the Vietnamese employees after a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It brought together Vietnam ese workers from Gyeonggi province's Ansan city and its neighbouring localities.
Ta Thi Thanh Thuy, First Secretary of the Vietnamese Embassy in the RoK and head of the Vietnamese Labour Managemnet Boad in the RoK, thanked the Ansan Foreign Workers Support Centre for its coordination with the EPS's Vietnam Labour Management Office to organise the event.
She also lauded the role of foreign workers support centres in the RoK and Ansan in particular in supplying information to and dealing with concern of Vietnamese labourers in the country.
At the meeting, Pham Minh Duc, head of the EPS Office, spoke of new relevant policies and laws and cleared up the participants' concern regarding contracts, salaries, insurance and contract termination procedures .
- Vietnamese Government gives highest priority to citizen protection: Spokeswoman
- Organisers of illegal emigration to RoK imprisoned
- Eight companies banned from sending workers to Japan
- Covid-19: Kerala Opens Call Centres, Control Rooms to Help Migrant Workers
- Post Office facing £400million compensation bill if workers win Uber-style pay row
- Vietnam’s National Assembly keen to develop relations with RoK top legislator
- Vietnam wants RoK to assist in COVID-19 recovery: foreign minister
- Garment firms with more orders have less workers
- Looks like we Vietnamese are sore, bad losers
- Ex hotel worker reveals inside secrets like how often they wash bedspreads and why they can’t say room numbers out loud
- 'A perfect storm': These restaurants survived the pandemic. Now they can't find workers
- Andrew Neil clashes with GB News guest in Covid vaccine row 'That's not many, that's you'
- Why Wall Street is in such a rush to get workers back to the office
- Covid-19 outbreak in dorms due to migrant workers' poor hygiene & bad habits: Zaobao forum letter
- Employers should support workers who get vaccinated, such as granting paid time-off
- Aid workers concerned over 'hardcore Islamic State supporters' moving into Syrian camp
- What it's really like to be an Amazon warehouse worker during Prime Day
- Social Media Savaged Amazon’s New ‘Dystopian’ And ‘Black Mirror’ Wellness Zen Meditation Booths For Warehouse Workers
- MMA does not condone any strike by healthcare workers during pandemic
- All close contacts of Victorian hotel quarantine worker test negative for COVID-19
Concern of Vietnamese guest workers in RoK cleared up have 446 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 15, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.