State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc attended the event, while Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong and former Party General Secretary Nong Duc Manh sent flower baskets to the celebration.
Speaking at the event, Party Secretary of the Quang Nam provincial Party Committee Phan Viet Cuong recalled the life, glorious career, and great contribution of Comrade Vo Chi Cong to the nation's revolutionary cause. In the resistance war against American imperialists, Comrade Vo Chi Cong was entrusted with many important positions. Comrade Vo Chi Cong was credited as the soul of revolutionary movement in Inter-region 5. He led troops and people in southern region, especially Inter-region 5, to build forces and defeat the U.S.'s "Special Warfare," "Joint Warfare," and "Vietnamization" strategies.
In addition, Comrade Vo Chi Cong made numerous strategic recommendations on revolution path in the South for the Central. Especially, he closely followed the situational developments and advised the Politburo to snatch the opportunity to completely liberate Quang Nam – Da Nang on March 29, 1975, greatly contributing to Southern liberation and national reunification.
In peacetime, Comrade Vo Chi Cong was absolutely loyal to the Party and nation's revolutionary cause and close to the people and always thought about the upward path of Vietnam's revolution. As head of a research sub-committee on agricultural issues, he contributed to the building of the Politburo's Resolution 10, creating a turning point to the development of Vietnam’s agriculture in the early period of the "Doi moi."
Upholding the province's tradition and following Comrade Vo Chi Cong's example, the Quang Nam provincial Party Organization, authorities, troops, and people have been united and overcome all challenges to excellently fulfil all assigned missions, contributing to the national construction and defense cause. From a poor agricultural locality, Quang Nam's economy is growing rapidly. In 2021, its state budget revenue reached around VND 24 trillion, up 200 times compared to that in the first years of re-establishment.
Earlier, State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and leaders of the Party and State visited and presented gifts to outstanding policy households in Quang Nam province and offered incense at Vo Chi Cong Memorial Area in Khuong My hamlet, Tam Xuan 1 commune, Nui Thanh district.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- DNA testing allows Dallas woman to find her birth family after 50-year search
- MLK Jr. Observance Day Association Celebrates 40th Anniversary
- On 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, Florida marks a special Veterans Day
- Heeding the call to our better angels
- We were once enemies; now, friends
- George H.W. Bush Warned Iraq War Would 'Not Be Another Vietnam': Relive Newsweek's 1990 Cover Story
- TENNESSEE ANNOUNCES WHAT’S NEW FOR 2019
- 70+ fun Christmas and holiday events and things to do in Southern California
- Senior notes for Chicopee, Granby, Holyoke and South Hadley for Jan. 11, 2019
- College Hill
- Town Crier columns for Dec. 23, 2018
- New supervisor Susan Ellenberg could bring some balance to the board
- THE NOONER PREMIUM for 12-16-18
- Photos: Navy SEALs killed in helicopter crash
- New Horizons spacecraft makes New Year's Day Flyby of Ultima Thule
- Letters from battlefields reveal soldiers' stories of World War IYou may also be interested in...
- Here are five South Florida heroes who served combat tours
- Las Vegas residents keep Pearl Harbor attack alive in their own ways
- Staying on track: A handful of Iowa schools offer child care for student parents
- Town Crier columns for Dec. 9, 2018
Comrade Vo Chi Cong’s 110th birth anniversary observed have 562 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 8, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.