Head of the Party Central Committee's Economic Commission Tran Tuan Anh chaired the meeting and Senior Lieutenant General Pham Hoai Nam, Deputy Minister of National Defense, attended the event.
Speaking at the meeting, Chairman cum General Director of the Viettel Group Senior Colonel Tao Duc Thang briefed the delegation on Viettel production and business situation, especially difficulties and shortcomings that the group is facing.
Meanwhile, Gen. Thang proposed new mechanisms and policies on high-tech development, digital transformation, and foreign investment, and then the project's steering committee would implement effective and appropriate policies on modernization and industrialization in the time to come.
For his part, Mr. Tran Tuan Anh spoke highly of the remarkable achievements gained by Viettel over the past years.
According to him, Viettel is the first enterprise to work with the Central Steering Committee for developing the project. It has shown the important role of Viettel in the implementation of the Party's guideline and policies on industrialization and modernization, especially in promoting information technology, electronics and telecommunications, building digital infrastructure, developing defense industry with dual-use technology, and expanding its operations to the high-tech weapons and cyber security industries, among others.
Also, Mr. Tran Tuan Anh expressed his belief that Viettel would be a pioneer in the Fourth Industrial Revolution, particularly in the telecommunications and information technology in Vietnam.
Concluding the working session, Mr. Tran Tuan Anh required the Editorial Team to clarify contents mentioned at the event and research Viettel's proposals during the draft project development process. He underlined that Viettel should identify the core of the new model of the industrialization and modernization process, and tackle institutional issues to realize the goal of accomplishing the industrialization and modernization by 2030, with a vision to 2045.
Within the framework of the meeting, the delegation visited Hoa Lac Hi-tech Park.
Translated by Quynh Oanh
- Vietnam-Russia economic cooperation prospects under spotlight
- Monumental Women: Central Park to get first statue honouring women after 166 years
- A 'green interest rate?' Fed digs into climate change economics
- China opens the debt taps again as economic growth slows to multi-decade lows
- EU Commission cuts euro zone growth forecast, sees muted inflation
- Italy's economic plight, and why it matters
- Average 15% pay hike likely on the cards for 8 lakh central & state university faculty, staff
- SF Mayor Farrell wants city to be prepared for the next economic downturn
- 7th Pay Commission: Minimum Wage to jump 28 per cent as Code of Wages 2019 set to come in
- 7th Pay Commission: How Code of Wages will impact salaries of CG employees
- Banking royal commission: The financial sector's descent to the fourth circle of hell
- Is India's central bank still independent?
- EFInA, British High Commission hold an interactive session with stakeholders to Power Financial Inclusion through Fintech
- Splits widen in Merkel's coalition over proposals for Greek economic reforms
- Party’s economic official receives IMF official
- Banking royal commission calls for compensation, crackdowns and an overhaul of financial regulators
- Italy's draft 2020 budget may require some work, but no crisis seen: EU
- Italy's draft 2020 budget may require some work, but no crisis seen - EU
- Xi requires new advances in rise of central China
- Who do mortgage brokers work for — the borrower, the banks or themselves?
Central Economic Commission works with Viettel have 523 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.