Buenos Aires (VNA) – The embassies of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) member countries in Argentina , including Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia, in coordination with the Foreign Ministry of the host country, held a ceremony to mark the 55th founding anniversary of ASEAN on August 8.
Addressing the event, Vietnamese Ambassador Duong Quoc Thanh, rotating Chair of the ASEAN Committee in Buenos Aires , reviewed the foundation and development of the ASEAN since 1967, highlighting the association's success in maintaining peace and stability in the region, creating a favourable environment for cooperation and development of all member countries.
With a population of more than 650 million and GDP of about 4 trillion USD in 2021, ASEAN is the most promising and dynamic market in the world, he said.
Ambassador Thanh underlined the similarities between ASEAN and Argentina, expressing his hope that the bilateral partnership will continue to be deepened, contributing to peace, stability in the region and the world, benefiting ASEAN countries and Argentina.
For his part, Argentinian Deputy Foreign Minister Pablo Tettamanti congratulated ASEAN countries on their achievements during the integration process as well as the rising role of the association in the regional and global arena, adding the Argentinian Government always attaches great importance to the development of friendship and cooperation with ASEAN countries.
Addressing the event, Indonesian Ambassador Cheppy T. Wartono, rotating Chair of the ACMC, affirmed that the formation of the ASEAN Community in 2015 has brought important and practical benefits to each member country and further enhanced the position and central role of ASEAN in the region. The ASEAN has always been ready to strengthen relations with Mexico in all aspects, especially in economy, trade, investment, tourism and culture, he stressed./.
- American Legion Shares Plans for 100th Anniversary Celebration With Ohio County Commissioners
- Styx kicks off City National Grove of Anaheim’s 20th anniversary celebration
- MGM Grand toasts employees at Las Vegas anniversary celebration
- The Cheesecake Factory offering free cheesecake as part of 40th anniversary celebration
- Photos show sub "imploded" submarine on seafloor, but Argentina can't reach it
- Behind the American tourist tragedies in violence-plagued Mexico
- Trump joins leaders of Canada, Mexico to sign new trade pactYou may also be interested in...
- Argentine Submarine That Vanished With 44 Aboard Is Found, Navy Says
- Argentina: Submarine missing a year found deep in Atlantic
- Argentinian submarine found in the Atlantic a year after going missing
- Argentina Finds Missing Sub One Year Later But Lacks Resources To Surface It
- Submarine that went missing with 44 aboard found deep in Atlantic
- Trump signs new trade pact with Canada, Mexico
- Trump joins leaders of Canada, Mexico to sign new trade pact
- Mexican Rodeo Extravaganza still shines as its celebrates its silver anniversary
- Submarine that vanished with 44 sailors found near Argentina; search for bodies, answers begins
- Placido Domingo celebrates the 50th anniversary of his Metropolitan Opera debut
- Duke’s car club celebrates 50 years
- Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary hatches plans for its 90th anniversary
- New Mexico city celebrates $450M drinking water project
ASEAN founding anniversary celebrated in Argentina, Mexico have 558 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.