Havana (VNA) – Over 120 delegates from representative missions of Vietnam, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Cambodia and Myanmar in Cuba on August 8 gathered together in a flag hoisting ceremony to celebrate the 55th founding anniversary of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations ( ASEAN ).
Addressing the event, Angel Villa Hernández, General Director of Bilateral Affairs of the Cuban Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MINREX), affirmed that Cuba attaches importance to and wishes to promote friendship and cooperation with the group and its member countries.
Cuba expects to expand exchange with ASEAN in the parliamentary, academic and medical fields, he said.
In her opening remarks, Indonesian Ambassador to Cuba Nana Yuliana, the rotating chair of ACHC, briefed participants on the formation and development of ASEAN since 1967 with remarkable achievements in all fields, which helped turn the association into a united, dynamic and prestigious community.
She took the occasion to express the deep condolences to victims of the recent blaze at the largest fuel depot in the Latin American country./.
- Vietnam assumes ASEAN chairmanship from Thailand
- PM Modi meets Indonesian President Joko Widodo at ASEAN summit
- ASEAN summit: PM Modi meets Indonesian President Joko Widodo
- Stick to your scripts, guys: 'Miserable' celebs attack Australia Day and call for people to cancel celebrations - but social media users and Barnaby Joyce are quick to slam their 'snobby' posts
- 'I hope that this is the last Australia Day': Actress Bonnie Sveen calls for a 'new national Day' that is inclusive of Indigenous Australians and apologises for 'unimaginable trauma' caused by 'my ancestors'
- How I Accidentally Made The First Official Cuba-To-Florida Kayak Crossing
- News Analysis: RCEP negotiations, regional connectivity gain progress as ASEAN, dialogue partners conclude summits
- Ramayana festival, khadi jackets: Stage set for ASEAN at Republic Day
- Russia's Rosneft to Develop Cooperation With Cuba in Oil Production
- Cuba opens int'l trade fair to attract foreign investment
- ASEAN summit: Asia trade bloc deal 'expected' in Feb 2020
- ASEAN summit: Asia trade bloc deal 'expected' in February 2020
- Seven of 10 ASEAN Leaders Skip Summit With US Amid Lack of High-Level Representation
- Vietnam's ASEAN Chair for 2020: Responsibility and opportunities
- ASEAN trade, culture exchange to be held in HCM City
- ASEAN gathers in shadow of US-China trade war
- This Republic Day, not one guest but 10 – Asean leaders
- HCM City hosts ASEAN trade, culture exchange event
- As Japan-Korea Relations Hit Rock Bottom, Moon, Abe Hold 'Friendly' Talks on ASEAN Sidelines
- Chairmanship to help Vietnam affirm stature in ASEAN
ASEAN Day held for first time in Cuba have 423 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.