The "Hanoi City Ring Road No.3 Construction Project (Mai Dich – South Thang Long Section)" aims to construct a high-standard inner-city expressway in the western section, connecting the Mai Dich intersection and the South Thang Long intersection of Ring Road No. 3 which links northern and north-eastern provinces, industrials zones and Noi Bai International Airport with the city centre. The 5.4-km section has 4.8km of viaduct.
Addressing the section's inauguration ceremony, Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue highlighted the significance of the project, which contributes to complete the 65-km Hanoi Ring Road No.3, helping easing traffic congestion in the west of Hanoi and forming a complete traffic network connecting northern localities with Hanoi as well as Red River delta localities.
He lauded the efforts of the Ministry of Transport and the Thang Long project management board as well as contractors in conducting the project, while hailing the Hanoi government in ground clearance for the project.
JICA and the Government of Vietnam signed a Loan Agreement worth 20,591 million yen in 2013 to implement the project which started construction in 2018.
With the opening of the Mai Dich – South Thang Long Section, the development of the Ring Road that can bypass the city centre is completed, helping to reduce traffic congestion for the city center and to promote logistical efficiency, thus contributing to the economic development in this region.
Earlier on October 6, a section of Hanoi Ring Road No. 3 spanning Linh Dam Lake and slip roads connecting the section with overpasses were opened to traffic. The project was approved in October 2018 and cost a total of 341 billion VND./.
- Hanoi earmarks US$1 billion for Ring road No.4 project
- About US$3.7 billion to be invested in Hanoi’s ring road 4 construction
- HCMC, Southern key economic zone prioritizing construction of Ring Road No.3
- Hanoi approves more than 1 billion USD for Ring Road No. 4 project
- Ring road linking HCMC, four neighbors to be built in 2024
- Hanoi pledges to prepare more than VND23 trillion to build Ring Road No.4
- Paris’ Arc De Triomphe And Ring Road To Become Green Highways
- HCMC expects to soon implement Ring Road No.3
- Amaravati ring road case: HC stays CID proceedings against Narayana and others
- Build Ring Road 3 by 2025, parliamentarian urges
- New southern ring road set to open to traffic in 2028
- Hanoi installs noise barrier system for the 3rd ring road
- New Ring Road to decongest arterial roads
- Land acquisition for Sivakasi Outer Ring Road gains momentum
- Hà Nội approves more than $1 billion for Ring Road No. 4 project
- MDOT To Lift Several Traffic Restrictions To Ease Memorial Day Travel
- Heavy rain causes chaotic traffic in Hanoi
- NA to discuss key traffic projects, greater autonomy for province
- New Lanes Open On I-80 In Time For Thanksgiving Travel
- HCMC prepares to invest in eight major traffic infrastructure projects
Another section of Hanoi Ring Road No 3 opens to traffic have 512 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.