Hanoi (VNA) – The number of air passengers reached nearly 12 million in July, including over 10.5 million on domestic flight s, an increase of 40.3% compared to July 2019 before the COVID-19 outbreak, said the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV).
Along with a sharp increase in the number of passengers, flight cancellations and delays also increased rapidly, partly due to airlines' errors.
CAAV said flight delays and cancellations in the past month had increased dramatically many times, causing frustration in public and affecting the quality of aviation services. It attributed the problem to many bottleneck s in the airport infrastructure and unusual weather.
In the past month, the proportion of delayed flights accounted for more than 18% of the total number of licensed flights or more than 6,000 flights, an increase of 16% over the same period last year and equivalent to June.
During the month, 41 flights were cancelled due to technical factors and late flights. In July, the on-time rate of flights was only 81% out of the total of more than 33,200 flights./.
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 6
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 19
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 22
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 1
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 31
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 1
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 2
- MH17 investigators say Buk rocket strike is primary theory in downing
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 6
- Bangkok Airways eyes profit in 2024
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 7
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 8
- A Double Killing in Florida. An American On The Run In Ukraine.
- Supersonic and hypersonic commercial flights firmly in view
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 13
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 15
- Coronavirus: India to increase Covaxin production to 10 crore doses per month by September 2021
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 19
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 21
Air passengers reach record number in July have 286 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 12, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.