The dialogue was part of the ongoing official visit to the U.K. of Great Britain and North Ireland of Chairman of the National Assembly of Vietnam Vuong Dinh Hue.
At the event, the two senior officials expressed their delight at the positive and dynamic development of the Vietnam-U.K. strategic partnership, especially the effective maintenance of the bilateral defense cooperation. They wished to turn defense ties into a pillar of the two countries' overall relations.
Speaking highly of the outcomes of the implementation of the bilateral defense cooperation on the basis of the memorandum of understanding on defense cooperation signed in 2017, the two sides hoped to continuously boost existing cooperation contents, including delegation exchange, training, U.N. peacekeeping operations.
They confirmed that defense policy dialogue is an important cooperation mechanism for the two ministries of defense to review achievements gained and put forth future cooperation orientations.
Also at the dialogue, the two sides exchanged regional and international situations of common concern. They agreed to work together to develop plans and implement practical cooperation activities in 2023 to mark the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the diplomatic ties between the two countries. They also reached agreement on organizing the second session of the fourth dialogue in Hanoi later this year.
On the occasion, General Vinh informed the host of the first-ever International Defense Expo to be hosted by the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense in December this year. The Vietnamese deputy defense minister invited leaders of the U.K. Ministry of Defense and U.K. defense enterprises to the expo to enhance cooperation ties.
General Vinh presented a letter from the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense to U.K. Minister of State at the Ministry of Defense Annabel Goldie, which invites her to co-chair the aforementioned second session.
Also, U.K. Minister of State at the Ministry of Defense Annabel Goldie presented a letter of the U.K. Defense Secretary that invites Vietnamese Minister of National Defense General Phan Van Giang to the U.K. in an official visit.
Translated by Mai Huong
- The Evolution of Economic Understanding and Postwar Stabilization Policy
- French Vs American Labor Law and Policy
- Nevada Car Insurance Guide - How to Find the Best Nevada Auto Insurance Policy
- Country First
- Are the DWI Laws Unconstitutional in 2008? - A Review of Minnesota's Statute
- Greenland Will Become A Separate Country
- Clashes erupt in Barcelona as Catalan separatists protest sentences for leaders
- For Laptops, Encryption Isn't Everything - But It's a Fine Start
- Ancient Verses Contemporary History - McCain Style
- It is High Time the US Ended Its Embargo Against Cuba
- Dangers Inherent in the Trivialization of Psychotherapy
- The Latest: Putin and Erdogan discuss situation in Syria
- Forex Overview
- Secret Trials in the United States
- Rescuing The 2008 Presidential Campaign
- A Bumpy Yet Promising Road Ahead For China Footwear Industry
- Experiences From 'The Flow' (4) - Lost And Found - Meant To Be?
- Patriotism, Love of Country Or Perhaps Serving Those in Government?
- 2019-20 NBA Western Conference preview capsules
- What Are My Rights When a Police Officer Wants to Search My Vehicle?
Vietnam-U.K.’s fourth defense policy dialogue held have 496 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 16, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.