In his remarks, VNSC General Director Assoc. Prof., Dr. Pham Anh Tuan said the Government in February 2021 announced a strategy for the development and application of aerospace science and technology by 2030, aiming to utilize achievements in the fields to address defense and security issues, strengthen management of environment and natural resources, monitor natural disasters and minimize their impacts, and provide related services for people.
This seminar forms part of the efforts to translate the strategy into reality, according to Tuan.
Studies jointly conducted by the VNSC, the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) found that developing small satellites will work the best for Vietnam, and it is also a trend as many countries worldwide are leveraging constellations of satellites in Earth observation activities, he noted.
Japanese experts said Vietnam has an advantageous position to expand the use of new satellite technologies to ASEAN and Asia-Pacific. The combination of Vietnam's ground infrastructure and satellites and Japan's technologies and services is critical to open more opportunities for the use of satellite data for both sides, they said.
They also held that multi-layered capacity building programs, which encourage the participation of the private sector in aerospace, can help Vietnam make big steps in automation and enable more sectors to reap benefits from satellite data.
- Small Satellite Market Revenue Will Exceed $1.42 Billion In 2017
- Aliens 'using asteroids to spy on Earth' SETI scientist says
- Largest fleet of satellites ever launched into space: Private firm has sent 146 satellites into orbit to photograph Earth for spy agencies and farmers
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 13
- The solar storm so strong it almost scuppered a US attack during the Vietnam War: Study finds 1972 eruption caused sea mines to blow up
- Artificial Satellite Types
- Future of Satellite TV
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 13
- Satellite Based EO Market In APAC to grow at a CAGR of 16.79% during the period 2016-2020
- Satellite Based EO Market In APAC to grow at a CAGR of 16.79% during 2016-2020
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 15
- Airbus reveals concept for a satellite to monitor space weather and predict when bursts of energy from the Sun could affect Earth
- Milky Way robs neighbouring galaxies of gas and uses its gravitational pull to hoard chemicals which could form new stars and planets
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 15
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 13
- Have You Seen Worlds Largest Satellite Images?
- Satellite Orbits
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 14
- China launches high-definition observation satellite
- NASA issues plea of action on asteroid threat that could take Earth 'entirely by surprise'
Vietnam to use small satellites to build capacity in Earth observation have 418 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.