Vietnamese leaders have sent congratulatory messages to leaders of the U.S. government and Congress on the occasion of the country's 246th Independence Day.
State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh sent their congratulations to U.S. President Joe Biden on Monday, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Chairman of the National Assembly Vuong Dinh Hue also extended greetings to President of the Senate Kamala Harris and Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi.
On the same day, Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son sent a congratulatory message to U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken.
Vietnam and the U.S. established bilateral relations in 1995, paving the way for a partnership of trust, friendship, and mutual respect.
The bilateral relationship is guided by the comprehensive partnership signed in 2013 and joint statements issued by the leaders of the two countries in 2015, 2016, and May and November 2017, according to the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
After lifting the ban on the sale of lethal weapons to Vietnam in May 2016, the U.S. continued to support the Southeast Asian country in maritime security, including handing over Hamilton-class coast guard ships to Vietnam in 2017 and 2020.
The people-to-people relations between the two countries have also developed rapidly, with tens of thousands of Vietnamese students having come to the U.S. to study, contributing nearly US$1 billion to the local economy.
- Disabled Vietnam vet gets a new van from Darrell Waltrip and Toyota
- Politicized games before Scots’ independence vote
- Coca-Cola tells FIFA to back independent reform commission
- Coca-Cola tells FIFA to start independent reform commission
- Too much sense for Aggies, Horns to play, and one day they will again
- Doctson sets TD record, then gets congratulations from former holder
- Dec. 26 bowl games – St. Petersburg, Sun, Heart of Dallas, Pinstripe, Independence
- Safety first for Froome as he loses Tour leader’s jersey
- The Latest: Argentine leader urged to explain offshore ties
- DW: A hard day’s night
- United visits Arsenal back in familiar position – as leader
- The Latest: French leader: Go to cafes, live life to fullest
- Vonn relishes being women’s all-time World Cup wins leader
- Lynx still savoring WNBA championship a day later
- David Ragan does his part in a special day for Joe Gibbs Racing
- Julio Teheran keeps pace with Scherzer despite shaky Opening Day start
- Darrell Waltrip to present ’13 Toyota Sienna to disabled veteran
- France profile - Timeline
- Foreign funds ravenous for property investment
- Joey Chestnut’s steak-eating record smashed by mom of four
Vietnam leaders congratulate US on 246th Independence Day have 416 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 4, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.