In its article, Agrarheute noted that the ASF epidemic is causing great concern to pig farmers globally.
However, Vietnam has recently announced that it has achieved a breakthrough as it had successfully produced an effective vaccine which is the first commercial one globally to prevent the ASF epidemic, it said.
The newspaper cited the confirmation given by the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in an official letter sent to the Department of Animal Health of Vietnam that emphasised the safety and effectiveness of the NAVET-ASFVAC vaccine against ASF developed by Vietnam.
Previously, the Vietnamese Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) held a press conference to announce the successful production of a vaccine against ASF.
The NAVET-ASFVAC vaccine produced by the National Veterinary JSC (NAVETCO) is the world’s first commercial vaccine against this disease.
The newspaper quoted Deputy Minister of MARD Phung Duc Tien as saying that from February 2020, the research and production of vaccines has been carried out officially with the co-operation of US experts. From July 2020, the MARD permitted the import of attenuated ASF virus strains for research and production of ASF vaccines in Vietnam.
It is expected that MARD will officially announce and license the distribution of ASF vaccine in early July.
ASF is a dangerous infectious disease caused by a virus in pigs, first appearing in Africa back in 1921. The disease spreads quickly, causing disease in all ages and types of pigs, including domestic pig and wild boar. Most notably, the disease has a mortality rate of up to 100%.
- An American man may be the first to get effectively vaccinated against COVID-19
- Seven Indian pharma players race to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Turkey convicts German newspaper reporter of propaganda work
- Exclusive: Russia, despite theft allegations, hails deal to make UK-developed COVID-19 vaccine
- Russia claims to have developed 'safe' virus vaccine
- Developments in Oxford Vaccine Officially Shared With Russia, No Need to ‘Steal’ Them – RDIF Head
- Vietnam a highly potential market for German SMEs: workshop
- EXCLUSIVE-Russia, despite theft allegations, says deal to make UK-developed COVID-19 vaccine is on
- Vietnam enhances the effectiveness of ARF’s defense cooperation channel
- Andrea Bocelli, 61, reveals he and his wife, 36, secretly battled COVID-19 in MARCH but 'decided not to share the news'... and is donating his blood to aid in the development of a vaccine
- How soon can the world get Covid-19 vaccine? A look at which country stands where
- Asian markets show signs of recovery amid fresh vaccine hopes
- UK secures deals for 90m doses of coronavirus vaccine
- Awaiting trials success, UK seals early access to 3 Covid-19 vaccine candidates
- Moderna Phase 1 results show Covid-19 vaccine safe, induces immune response
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 20
- Britain signs deal for 90million doses of two possible foreign Covid-19 jabs as UK's vaccine tsar dashes hopes of Oxford candidate being rolled-out by September by warning data won't be ready until the end of the year
- German Coronavirus Vaccine Drug 'Very Well Tolerated' in Human Tests
- Coronavirus UPDATES: Breakthrough as Oxford University trial finds human vaccine is safe
- What's the science on DNA and RNA vaccines?
Vietnam develops world’s first effective vaccine against ASF: German newspaper have 502 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 17, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.