Kuala Lumpur (VNA) – Malaysia's economic recovery remains in sight with a better trend as signalled by Malaysia’s macroeconomic performance in April 2022 amid global uncertainty, said the Department of Statistics Malaysia (DoSM).
Chief statistician Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Uzir Mahidin said in a statement that Malaysia is blessed with natural resources and commodities such as petroleum products and palm oil.
As a net commodity exporter, Malaysia also benefits from higher commodity prices resulting in the country's total trade chalking up a double-digit annual growth of 21.3% to 231.4 billion RM, he said.
Exports rose 20.7% to 27.5 billion RM while imports went up 22% to 103.9 billion RM. The trade balance rose 15.7% and continued to remain in surplus at 23.5 billion RM.
Malaysia’s trade performance in May 2022 remained resilient, recording the fastest growth since November 2021, with total trade surpassing 1 trillion RM, he said.
Malaysia is expected to maintain a better economic recovery in the upcoming months, Mohd Uzir noted.
The S&P Global Ratings recently revised Malaysia's long-term sovereign credit ratings outlook to 'stable' from 'negative' as it believes Malaysia is on a strong economic recovery path compared to other countries at similar income levels./.
- Maximizing Economic Recovery from the UK Continental Shelf
- Oil falls over 2 percent on strong dollar, China loans
- Tree Falls On Tourists Due To Strong Winds, 1 Dead
- Section 27 Recovery- Some Myths And Misconceptions
- Malaysia ex-PM Najib 'pivotal' in 1MDB plunder, trial hears
- Vietnam ready to join in building strong, resilient ASEAN: PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc
- European Auto Industry Posts Gains on Economic Growth, Weak Euro
- Politics Vietnam, Belarus seek breakthrough in economic cooperation Simplicity of life in Vietnam
- The Finance 202: Trump tariffs aren't going to impede economic growth (yet)
- Bidding Adieu To The "Summer of Recovery": Changes To ARRA Buy American And Reporting Requirements
- Malaysia seeks return of airspace control amid Singapore flight path dispute
- White House economic advisers dismiss recession fears
- Senate Banking Committee Holds Hearing on The Role of Financial Companies in Fostering Economic Growth
- Top White House economic adviser admits Trump made incorrect claim about the economy
- SOX Win Shows Strong Need For Whistleblower Protections
- North Korea will invite US experts to witness nuclear site shutdown in May, South says
- North Korea will invite US experts to witness nuclear site shutdown in May, and scrap its unique timezone
- 'Buffalo Billion' case looked strong to jurors, but appeals court could disagree
- Surviving the Economy: Dancing in the Economic Storm
- Focus: Strong backing for bill allowing HRTO costs awards
Malaysia witnesses strong economic recovery have 412 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 4, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.