Lemongrass farmers in Tien Giang Province's Tan Phu Dong District have gained huge profits thanks to a surge in crop prices.
From the beginning of 2022, Tan Phu Dong farmers have seeded 2,000ha of lemongrass and harvested 11,250 tons of lemongrass, leading to profits of over VND50 million (US$2,150) for each hectare of lemongrass.
Director of the Tan Phu Dong District's Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Nguyen Van Hai, said the district consists of a cluster of islands adjacent to the East Sea with harsh natural conditions, frequent drought and saltwater intrusion.
Pham Van Binh in Phu Dong commune said that lemongrass is suitable for saline soil. He also said that growing lemongrass helped him escape poverty and build a sustainable business.
Since the beginning of the year, the increase in lemongrass prices have helped farmers earn good income to overcome the effects of COVID-19
Tan Phu Dong's farmers are encouraged to switch from cultivating only rice to lemongrass, specialty fruit trees and some other economic crops to increase economic diversity in the district.
Tan Phu Dong lemongrass was granted a special certificate that helps build the brand and improve the competitiveness of specialty crops.
Tan Phu Dong District’s goal in 2022 is to expand the area of specialized lemongrass trees to 3,600 hectares and harvest about 58,000 tons. — VNS
- Will Vietnamese farmers benefit from new Thai rice pricing policy?
- Dong Nai pig farmers benefit from tripartite linkage
- Farmers benefit little from rice storage program
- Salt makers rake in the dough on rising prices
- Farmers find rising profits in rising Mekong waters
- Salt farmers grieve as prices fall
- Shrimp breeders scoff rising prices in Mekong Delta
- Farmers struggle with price hikes
- How to help farmers benefit from incentive policies
- Farmers benefit from grapes of their labour
- Vietnamese farmers benefit from medicinal plant crops
- Rising prices to boost pepper industry
- Minister of Finance: rising prices still under control
- Vietnam's Da Nang farmers benefit from growing flowers in ‘golden’ land
- Danang farmers benefit from growing flowers in ‘golden’ land
- Vietnam house discusses rising prices, human resource shortage
- Catfish farmers wriggling as prices jump
- Rising prices to widen Vietnam's trade deficit
- Delta farmers make profit from lemongrass
- How to control price rises at year's end ?
Lemongrass farmers benefitting from rising prices have 370 words, post on bizhub.vn at July 4, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.