Addressing the forum, Hue stated education is a leading national policy in Vietnam, identified as one of the three breakthroughs to implement the nation's socio-economic development strategy. Every year, Vietnam spends 20% of its national budget on education and training.
He said to create a strong transition in human resource development, Vietnam has determined that it is necessary to actively carry out international integration and promote foreign investment attraction in education for quality improvement.
With the country's law made to facilitate businesses in the sector, Vietnam has to date attracted more than 500 foreign-funded educational projects worth 4 billion USD. Despite challenges and difficulties, room remains extensive for investing in Vietnam's education, Hue affirmed.
He wished the bilateral educational cooperation will be concretized through impressive numbers, and recommended the two sides pay attention to step up exchanges of students and lecturers as well as collaboration between Vietnamese and U.K. universities.
He suggested the British Government continue to support English teaching and learning in Vietnam, share related learning resources, and increase scholarships for Vietnamese students. The Vietnamese side should work to increase the number of joint training programs with ranked U.K. universities, he said.
The N.A. Chairman emphasized that Vietnam will create all possible conditions for prestigious British schools to soon open their branches in Vietnam. He asked the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training to work closely with the U.K.'s education body and universities association and the Vietnamese Embassy further foster the countries' educational ties.
Deputy Speaker of the U.K. House of Commons Steve Smith stated education is among the U.K.'s top priorities in cooperation with Vietnam. There are 12,000 Vietnamese students studying in the U.K. and 40 U.K.-funded education projects in Vietnam.
He noted that the U.K. looks forward to supporting Vietnam's efforts to strengthen English language training, develop the quality of English-language teachers, assess English proficiency, as well as digitize for a more inclusive education.
Smith also affirmed that the U.K. wishes to assist Vietnam's development of key industries such as science, technology and innovation to help the local workforce enter the digital age.
In 2020, in a signed joint statement between the sides, the UK pledged to support the education reform strategy of the Vietnamese Government.
In April this year, the sides signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on the legal framework for educational cooperation between the two countries with a focus on vocational training.
At the forum, visiting N.A. Chairman and his entourage witnessed the exchanges of MoUs between Vietnamese and U.K. universities.
- Vietnam enhances cooperation in science, technology, innovation
- Vietnam urged to renovate education for SDG target
- Vietnam, China seek to foster bilateral partnership in all fields
- Vietnam, U.S. step up cooperation after COVID-19
- ASEAN roadmap 2025 to realize a common higher education space in Southeast Asia
- Roadmap on ASEAN Higher Education Space 2025 launched
- Vietnam eyes stronger relations with Germany locality
- Vietnam launches Simons Astrophysics Group
- US-backed partnership to help with higher education reform in Vietnam
- Education Consulting Firm Seeks to Promote K-12 'Queer Mathematics'
- Building on Vietnam’s unique advantages
- Vietnamese NA willing to support Laos in personnel training: Top legislator
- NC legislature idles for now on Medicaid expansion agreement
- Top legislator hosts special advisor to Japan - Vietnam Friendship Parliamentary Alliance
- Louisiana GOP-dominated legislature cancels override session
- Ceremony held to mark 60th founding anniversary of Vietnam-Laos diplomatic ties
- Legislator suggests raising public awareness of Vietnam-Laos relations
- Unilever Vietnam to deliver digital curriculum on hygiene, nutrition, and the environment
- Vietnam-Laos: Special relations
- India-Vietnam ties, from strong to stronger
Legislature backs Vietnam-U.K. education cooperation: top legislator have 590 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.