According to the Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee, in the first six months of the year, Ho Chi Minh City’s socio-economy continued to recover strongly with V-shaped growth and it has been maintained stably. HCMC continues to well control the Covid-19 pandemic situation, consolidate the conducted health strategy, and associate the health strategy with other strategic activities and plans.
Many cultural, literary and artistic activities brought pervasiveness, especially programs to celebrate public holidays. As for the diplomatic task, political security and social order and safety have continued to be maintained.
In the first six months of 2022, the gross regional domestic product (GRDP) growth rate is estimated at VND728,706 billion (US$32 billion), an increase of 3.82 percent over the same period last year.
Economic sectors achieved a good growth rate. Specifically, the industrial production index is estimated to surge by 3.1 percent over the same period. Of which, four key industries are estimated to increase by 7.1 percent over the same period in 2021.
However, three out of four fields have moderate growth speed and there have been room to ultimately develop, including agriculture, forestry and fisheries; industry and construction and product taxes minus product subsidies. Besides, some sectors recorded a reduction of employees, including the manufacture of means of transport, beverage production, chemical manufacturing and chemical products, processing industry and manufacture and so on.
In addition, the disbursement rate on the public investment plan of 2022 is not as expected; the ability of capital absorption in some fields was low and did not meet the set target; the administrative reform rate 2021 of the city was low.
Besides, the city planning implementation for the period 2021 – 2030, vision to 2050 and general planning adjustment of the city to 2040, vision to 2060 is slow and does not meet the set target.
By Van Minh- Translated by Huyen Huong
- Party chief emphasizes personnel work at Party Central Committee session
- Tax policies still unapproachable to science-technology businesses in HCMC
- READ: White House Ukraine expert's opening statement says he reported concerns about Trump-Zelensky call
- Let battle commence: how the parties are shaping up for December's election
- From Hip Hop to Housewives: The Real Story Behind the Hamptons White Party
- Satoshi United Bring The Best of Blockchain to Singapore, July 2018
- Xinhua Headlines: Xi calls for "greater strategic achievements" in Party governance
- Both parties eye shift in impeachment strategy
- Artists to hold own party conference to discuss cuts and education
- Special counsel Mueller’s testimony delayed until July 24
- Communists open Berlin Wall: exchanges jam in clamour of exit inquiries
- NA leader meets head of Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference
- China's top political advisory body holds press conference ahead of annual session
- UKIP holds conference amidst row over leader's no-show
- Australia latest to open probe into Facebook data scandal
- Spotlight: Democrats detail impeachment procedures, paving way for opening hearing, fresh clashes with White House
- Cross-party group of MPs plots to halt hard Brexit plans
- Presidential Debate Viewing Party Set For West Hollywood
- China's Communist party congress – all you need to know
- Edited Transcript of PROX.BR earnings conference call or presentation 25-Oct-19 12:00pm GMT
15th plenary conference of HCMC Party Committee to open on July 5 have 571 words, post on m.sggpnews.org.vn at July 4, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.