HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam won four golds on the first day of competition at the Jujitsu International Federation World Cup Beach 2022, on June 23 on Jomtien Beach, Pattaya, Thailand.
SEA Games champion Đào Hồng Sơn made the most remarkable victories with all three wins by submission in the men’s U56kg.
“It was a hard-working day. But the result was so sweet, with three submission wins. Thank you for watching and encouraging me,” Sơn posted on his Facebook page.
Earlier, world champion Phùng Thị Huệ secured gold in the women’s U45kg category.
Hoàng Thị Nhật Quế won the women’s U70kg class and Phạm Trí Dũng topped the men’s U69kg pool.
The Vietnamese team also brought home one silver by Phạm Lê Hoàng Linh in the men’s U85kg and 11 bronze medals.
On the last day, athletes will vie for medals in the men’s and women’s team events.
Việt Nam sent a team of 18 athletes to compete in the No-Gi discipline in which fighters don’t wear the traditional uniform but shorts and t-shirts or a rash guard. VNS
- Futsal Vietnam to vie for World Cup berth
- Viewers left open-mouthed by Rubik's Cube World Cup gold medalist on BBC Breakfast who completes the block in under EIGHT SECONDS live on air
- USA World Cup hero Rapinoe and WNBA star Bird engaged, Biden sends congratulations
- Thousands of glammed-up punters kick off their heels and let loose across Australia after the Melbourne Cup - and there might be some sore heads today
- VN U22 team to take part in Toulon Tournament
- SSC's Tuatara supercar is forced into rerunning its world's fastest car attempt after earlier claim of a record top speed of 331mph is thrown into doubt
- British student, 18, wins share of £23,000 prize by doing Rubik's Cube puzzle BACKWARDS in just 17.6 seconds
- BAFTAs TV 2019: Riviera star Julia Stiles turns heads in plunging navy and gold dress as she attends the glittering awards ceremony
- Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos and Salford Red Devils free of disciplinary worries
- How Jack Nicklaus' sixth Masters win aged 46 tops Tiger Woods' redemption tale
- Kiwi yachting star Jo Aleh gains powerful position at World Sailing
- Usyk vs Joshua: How fighters compare ahead of potential mouthwatering heavyweight world-title match-up
- What to know about the 2020 Breeders’ Cup World Championships
- Neeraj Chopra clinches javelin gold
- 'Give me my damn respect': Boxing's brash new superstar Teofimo Lopez shocks world
- Baffert’s Improbable leads 2020 Breeders’ Cup Classic odds
- PV Sindhu: ‘Winning the Olympic gold is the ultimate aim’
- Mariah Bell wins Skate America, a next step to defying Olympic history
- Ex On The Beach will return in 2021 in Colombia as bosses cast for exotic new series
- Kallum Watkins urges Salford Red Devils to make the most of Challenge Cup opportunity
VN jujitsu fighters win four golds at 'beach world cup' have 491 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.