According to Hai's agent Nguyen Dac Van, the medical ended at 7:30 p.m. (Hanoi time) in the club's headquarter in Pau District, Pyrénées-Atlantiques Province, about 800 km away from Paris.
Hai met the basic medical requirements for a professional player, after taking blood, muscle, heart rate, leg strength, speed, endurance and magnetic resonance tests.
His two-year contract, with the option of extension for another year with Pau FC, has been activated, making him the first Vietnamese player to sign for a professional club in France.
“The first important part has been completed. I have officially become a member of Pau FC from this moment. I'm very happy and proud,” Hai wrote on social media.
Pau FC is a small club in France with a stadium that has a capacity of over 4,000. They also have the lowest salary budget in France's second division Ligue 2, with a total of €2.93 million ($3.05 million) paid to the players last season. However, Hai said he is satisfied with his choice because he felt appreciated by the club and he will have many opportunities to play.
The club vice president Joel Lopez said that Pau FC are confident that they can develop rookies like Hai and promise to let the Vietnamese midfielder go to bigger teams if they receive a reasonable offer.
In six seasons with his former club Hanoi FC, Hai played 126 matches, scored 35 times and won every domestic title and Vietnam Golden Ball in 2018.
Hanoi offered Hai a new contract, but he remained steadfast about wanting to play football abroad.
The 25-year-old also played an important role in Vietnam winning second place at 2018 AFC U23 Championship, the 2018 AFF Cup and SEA Games 30 and in Vietnam’s journey to the final round of 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
- Super Eagles midfielder Ndidi to join Manchester United
- Jason Puncheon joins Cypriot side Pafos FC after Crystal Palace release
- Plane carrying £15m Cardiff City star Emiliano Sala could have been brought down by ICE on the wings, say experts - after its part-time pilot admitted to being 'rusty' with landing system
- Trump and Kim Take 2: President meets North Korean dictator with a handshake and a laugh in Vietnam for their second nuclear summit and heralds the communist nation's 'unlimited' potential as Kim says he has high hopes for their talks
- Geelong midfielder Tim Kelly could be headed for West Coast as AFL trade gets underway
- Real Madrid star in news. No, it's not Ronaldo
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 26
- Vietnam trounce Brunei 6-0 in SEA Games opener
- Pulisic, Kovacic the unlikely stars of blossoming Chelsea
- Where are the stars of Neighbours now? From Madge Bishop to Flick Scully, FEMAIL tracks down 30 years of beloved characters who once called Ramsay St home
- Dutch midfielder Sneijder retires from soccer
- Lampard to use Barkley’s chip scrap with police as life lesson for Chelsea’s young stars
- 'They were basically having sex': Miley Cyrus and Kaitlynn Carter were 'all over each other' at Hollywood club following singer's split from Liam Hemsworth
- Another Surprising Marvel Hero Joins
- Eden Hazard begs ‘if only I could bring Kylian Mbappe to Real Madrid’ and touts PSG star to be best player in world soon
- Star S.F. student, 14, slain outside Mission store
- Superman star Margot Kidder was found unresponsive on her couch by a friend who came to help clean her house
- ROBERT HARDMAN: 75 years after VE Day we'll do what the Luftwaffe never could - and blow the roof off the Albert Hall with star-studded veterans' party
- On the winning team! Proud parents and partners - including Rapinoe's WNBA star girlfriend - go wild in the stands as their loved ones bring home the World Cup
- Sports Shorts: Real's Croatia midfielder Modric suffers injury blow
Vietnam star midfielder passes medical to join French club have 610 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at June 30, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.