HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam's Engineering Unit Rotation 1 quickly set to work at the UN Interim Security Force for Abyei (UNISFA) immediately after its 184 members fully assembled.
Just days after arriving in Abyei, the unit set up two teams for emergency road rescue and repair activities along roads in the northern division – a border area between Sudan and South Sudan.
The unit also took over the construction of a workshop for repairing and maintaining equipment, cars and motorbikes of the UN peacekeeping mission, which the first group of the unit had been working on since early May.
The workshop is expected to be completed and put into operation in June.
In parallel with implementing the assigned tasks, the unit also repaired the barracks to ensure stable accommodation for its members as soon as possible.
So far, the unit has ensured the set schedule of all assigned tasks and has been applauded for their capability, especially their creativity and high sense of responsibility.
These initial results will be an important premise for the Engineering Unit Rotation 1 to continue to successfully complete their next tasks in the working term at the UNISFA. — VNS
- Việt Nam seeks foreign investment in ports
- Việt Nam's army make efforts in fight against COVID-19
- Việt Nam does good job as UNSC non-permanent member
- Việt Nam-US forum seeks boost to investment, trade ties
- Pandemic makes returning to Việt Nam to study tough for Vietnamese in Cambodia
- Woman becomes third COVID-19 case in group of six illegal entries into Việt Nam
- Habit and routine get the job done
- COVID-19 successes, multilateral diplomacy, devastating disasters among Việt Nam’s top 10 events in 2020
- My Thuan-Can Tho expy rescheduled to get off ground next year
- Vietnam working with drugmakers in four countries to buy Covid-19 vaccines
- U.S. has yet to work out plans to tax Vietnamese imports
- 'Faith in peacekeeping is being undermined'
- Shinec signs strategic partnership with Gom Dat Viet and Vietinbank Le Chan branch
- Next-Generation Maruti Suzuki S-Cross In Works: Read More To Find Out
- The struggle to involve women in the peacekeeping process
- 2021 Mercedes S-Class Engines Revealed For US Market
- Blind Man Is Building Classic Mini With A Yamaha R1 Motorcycle Engine
- iOS 14.3 out today -- Get your iPhone ready now!
- A deep-dive tour of Ice Cream Sandwich with Android’s chief engineer
- Ground Zero | On your marks, get help, go — GRE scam and the network of aspirants, ghostwriters and coaching institutes
Việt Nam’s first peacekeeping engineering unit gets to work in Abyei have 411 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 27, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.