Hanoi (VNA) – Chairman of the National Assembly Vuong Dinh Hue's official visit to the UK from June 28-30 presents a great opportunity for the two countries to strengthen their relations in legislative and reform issues that will support Vietnam's development in the coming years, UK Ambassador to Vietnam Gareth Ward has affirmed.
Talking to the press, he said there are three main areas for such cooperation, namely digitalisation, simplification of rules and procedures to strengthen the business environment; supporting equality, gender equality and equality for minority groups; and legislation and regulation around the green economy.
He stressed that the strategic partnership between the UK and Vietnam is solid but there is plenty of room for it to expand.
Hue's visit, the second of a senior Vietnamese leader to the UK within the past year, will help to push forward the cooperation between the two parliaments and governments, he said.
“The relationship between the UK and Vietnam is built on people-to-people links. So I think this visit is a good symbol that we are open for business again in both directions," said Ward.
Businesses can travel, invest and develop export and import, while students from Vietnam can come to the UK and vice versa, he added.
"We hope that we will soon see the return to the high level of tourism between our two countries."
One of the key elements of Chairman Hue's trip to the UK is to strengthen financial flows into Vietnam's green economy, the diplomat said.
"London is a global financial centre and has particular innovation in green finance. And we will link London with Ho Chi Minh City, we will link London with Hanoi and make sure that the finance flows into the green economy," he stated./.
- Speech by UK ambassador during the Queen's Birthday Party in Mogadishu
- Trump's Ambassador Threatens U.K. With 'Serious Consequences' If Iran Trade Continues
- Dontaie Allen becomes UK’s first in-state basketball commitment in more than five years
- UK parliament to debate EU repeal bill on September 7
- China and South Africa Deepen Military Ties Amid Anger Over Trump's White Farmers Comments
- UK must finish strong - starting with Vanderbilt - if it wants to reach the Liberty Bowl
- UK must finish strong - starting with Vanderbilt - to feel better about its bowl resume
- Trump’s retweets spark calls for axing of UK visit
- Trump adds to U.S. bridge to Vietnam
- A Big Battle For Spending And Power Is Brewing Between London And The Rest Of The UK
- UK athletics director Mitch Barnhart reacts to football team's behavior against Louisville
- Talks from the MHRA, Innovate UK, Plasticell and more
- Margaret M. Heckler, former US health services chief and ambassador to Ireland, is dead at 87
- You’ll miss Obama when he’s gone: Why Obama will be remembered as a good President and maybe a great one
- Ukraine's gloom over Trump lifts as Tillerson visits
- Trump plans Kentucky visit as Barr faces tough reelection
- UK opposition to push for soft Brexit changes to EU repeal bill: The Times
- Benny Snell cements his status as an all-time Kentucky football great | Jon Hale
- Gov. Martinez, Taiwan agree to boost education ties
- Screw the world economy, Donald Trump says — UK's Brexit is great for him
Top legislator’s visit a great opportunity for boosting Vietnam-UK ties: UK Ambassador have 573 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 28, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.