Bangkok (VNS/VNA) – A Vietnamese collection imbued with Vietnamese culture dubbed ‘Sounds Of Vietnamese And Colours Of Five Continents’ kicked off Thailand Fashion Week in Bangkok on June 30.
The designs are the intersection between Vietnamese cultural identity and the characteristics of countries across five continents.
Young models with experience in performing at international events like Cao Huu Nhat or Cherry An Nhien have been chosen to perform Ngoc's designs.
The collection includes eight costumes inspired by art media such as chau van (spiritual singing), don ca tai tu (southern instrumental music), cai luong (reformed theatre), quan ho (love duets), water puppetry, and eight designs for prom with cultural colours of Vietnam, Thailand, US, France, Australia, Brazil, South Africa and Spain.
Through the collection, Vietnamese designer Le Tran Dac Ngoc of S Designer House said he wanted to convey humane and meaningful messages.
Sounds Of Vietnamese And Colours Of Five Continents does not only include Ngoc's work but also those by young designers who are currently students of the University of Architecture, London College for Design and Fashion, and University of Industrial Fine Arts.
"I want to give opportunities to young people who are passionate about fashion design to make a collection and appear at the most prestigious event of Thai fashion. It can be a platform for them to develop their career and earn experiences," said the 32-year-old designer.
Talking about the preparation for the show, he said: "Young designers and I discussed from the first drawings to the real samples. Unlimited creativity, outstanding colours and love of culture are the elements that help these young designers thrive on their each design."
Thailand Fashion Week 2022 is one of the largest fashion events in the country, bringing together regional and international designers and a series of fashionistas.
Earlier, designer Ngoc has had his collections showcased at other international fashion events such as Malaysia Fashion Week 2018, London Fashion Week – House Of Ikons 2019, Saint Petersburg Kids Fashion Day, Vie Fashion Week 2019 (Dubai), Bangkok International Kids Fashion Show 2010, Luxury Brand Global Fashion Week (the Republic of Korea)./.
- Spring-summer fashion week to feature 1,000 new creations
- Hartford Fashion Week To Salute Japanalia Designer Eiko Blow
- Syracuse Fashion Week 2018 starts at the Landmark Theater
- Vietnamese Cultural Week opens in Cambodia
- Lagos Bridal Fashion Week debuts next month
- Azerbaijani designer to join Aspara Fashion Week [PHOTO]
- Fashionably late: Saudi Arabia hosts its first-ever fashion week
- Tribal traditions take over at Bogotá Fashion Week
- Saying yes to the dress: Barcelona gets ready for Bridal Fashion Week
- Nearly 150 Vietnamese cultural antiques introduced
- Saudi Arabia hosts its first Arab Fashion Week
- Vietnam Int’l Fashion Week 2017 opens in HCMC
- Most impressive designs to be shown at int’l fashion week
- Vietnam Int’l Fashion Week Fall-Winter 2016 in Hanoi
- “Vietnamese Culture Days” underway in Russia
- Vietnam Int’l Fashion Week
- Teenage fashion designer launches own label at New York Fashion Week
- Zio Song joins Vietnam Int’l Fashion Week
- Multi-Colour Fashion Week
- International, local designers gather for VN fashion week
Thailand Fashion Week 2022 features Vietnamese culture have 516 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 30, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.