HÀ NỘI — Mangoes and safe agricultural products from Sơn La Province are being introduced at Big C Thăng Long supermarket in Hà Nội.
The week-long event, organised by Sơn La Provincial People's Committee in collaboration with Central Retail Vietnam, is an effort to promote high-quality provincial products to the capital city's consumers.
The event has attracted 15 businesses and cooperatives, introducing both fresh fruits and vegetables such as mango, longan, avocado, guava, banana, Mộc Châu pumpkin, cabbage and zucchini to processed foods. These products all meet food safety standards such as VietGAP, GolbalGAP and organic certification.
With more than 400,000 hectares of fertile agricultural land and favourable climate condition, Sơn La is the largest fruit granary in the North with an annual output of over 450,000 tonnes.
Sơn La mango ranks second nationwide in terms of output at estimated 75,000 tonnes this year. Most of the mango growing areas have followed safe production processes such as VietGAP, GlobalGAP and organic production. This fruit is being exported to China, Australia, the US and New Zealand.
Nguyễn Thành Công, vice chairman of Sơn La Province's People Committee said the province expects to export over 28,000 tonnes of fruits and 120,000 tonnes of processed agricultural products including tea, coffee and patioca starch with estimated value of US$162.5 million in 2020.
"The product week is a good opportunity to introduce provincial products to the capital market, thereby connecting with other local and export markets, creating breakthroughs in production organisation and building brands," Công said.
Nguyễn Thị Bích Vân, a representative from Central Retail Vietnam, said Sơn La agricultural products witness positive sales in Big C supermarkets with an annual growth rate of over 30 per cent, especially Son La mango products. She expects the supermarkets will consume about 1,000 tonnes of Sơn La agricultural products this year.
The event will run through July 3. — VNS
- Domestic consumption of farm produce needs to be promoted to offset exports reduction
- Kim Basinger of 9 1/2 Weeks fame loses her home to Malibu fire, reveals daughter Ireland Baldwin
- Kirk Douglas dead at 103: Spartacus star's heartbroken son Michael Douglas shares news of Hollywood legend's passing
- Chicken mega-farms are how we'll feed the UK, says poultry industry head
- African swine fever hits industrial farms in Vietnam, 2.8 million pigs culled
- Export market diversification for produce needed following coronavirus outbreak
- Who is Jeremy Bamber’s friend Brett Collins on White House Farm?
- Heroic Spouses, Beloved Teachers, Devoted Parents: Remembering the Victims of the Las Vegas Massacre
- Funeral for Kirk Douglas, 103, takes place in LA as Hollywood royalty join son Michael and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Kakasaheb Chitale of Chitale Dairy Farms passes away at 78
- Victoria Beckham tells Instagram followers she’s coming home to LA
- More Than 700 LA College Students And Staff Are Being Quarantined Because Of A Measles Outbreak
- 'Cult' mom Lori Vallow waited 32 hours to tell her husband's sons that he was dead over TEXT and ignored their questions for four days - even though she was there when her brother killed him
- Jamie Laing 'is lined up to star on this year's Strictly Come Dancing' after he was forced to pull out of last series due to foot injury
- The Foreign Office saved my baby: British father hails officials for 'hiding' his newborn son's dual-citizen birth certificate from Chinese bosses so he could sneak onto evacuation flight
- The Weekly Pull: X-Men/Fantastic Four, Batman Tales, Aggretsuko, and More
- Nike launches new, legal Alphafly shoe to outrun 'tech doping' furore
- Kirk Douglas' last family photo: Late actor is seen sitting proudly among four generations while dining at son Michael's home... as tributes pour in for the star after his death aged 103
- New 'Food Hub' For Low-Income Residents Launched In Bay Area
- Jeremy Bamber’s girlfriend who helped jail him for White House Farm murders is seen at her Canadian home after admitting producers for new ITV drama about the case had NOT consulted her
Sơn La mango and safe farm produce week launched in Hà Nội have 677 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.