HÀ NỘI — Shares lost rising momentum in the last trading minutes on Friday as divergence continued to expand to the whole market.
The VN-Index on the Hồ Chí Minh Stock Exchange slid back to the negative territory after a brief rise on Thursday, down 0.29 per cent to close the week at 1,185.48 points. It gained 1.7 per cent on Thursday after four straight declining sessions.
Divergence occurred in almost all groups of stocks, from finance to real estate, even to energy and chemicals. According to analysts, in the context of poor liquidity, supply and demand for stocks can change erratically, so it is difficult for the whole industry to follow the same direction.
Overall, the gainers slightly outnumbered the losers by 244-239 while 91 closed flat.
In the energy sector, PV Gas (GAS) lost almost half of its gain on Thursday, down 2.4 per cent; Petrolimex (POW) decreased 2.5 per cent after hitting the ceiling price in the previous session. Meanwhile, other power stocks such as Bà Rịa Thermal Power (BTP), Thác Bà Hydropower (TBC), Central Hydropower (CHP) and Thác Mơ Hydropower (TMP) increased between 1.5-5.5 per cent each.
In the banking sector, 11 out of 18 banks in the southern bourse declined. Big losers included Vietcombank (VCB), Vietinbank (CTG), Techcombank (TCB), VPBank (VPB) and Military Bank (MBB) each dropping more than 1 per cent. Losers such as Vietnam International Bank (VIB), BIDV (BID) and Asia Commercial Bank (ACB) were down slightly.
Liquidity remained modest with more than 478 million shares worth VNĐ10.2 trillion (US$440 million) being traded.
According to analysts at Viet Dragon Securities Co, low liquidity showed that the money flow is inadequate, which has reduced the reliability of the current reversal signal. Besides, the rise of the mid-cap group along with the slowdown and divergence of the large-cap group, led to the recovery uncertainty.
"It is expected that the market’s resurgence will temporarily slow down and need to explore supply and demand in the area around 1,190 points of the VN-Index," analyst Phương Nguyễn wrote in a report.
On the Hà Nội Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index slipped 0.45 per cent to close the week at 275.93 points with 60 million shares worth VNĐ1.2 trillion being exchanged. — VNS
- GLOBAL MARKETS-World shares sink as data points to tepid economic revival
- World shares sink as data points to tepid economic revival
- Stock market defies negative GDP, appreciates .03%
- Videos show nightmarish Calif. wildfire devastation up close
- Nifty likely to move towards 11,500, 3 stocks that can give up to 24% return in short term
- Metals will continue to hog the limelight on falling USD index; Bank Nifty can extend fall
- DAILY VOICE | Stocks in economy-related sectors could get re-rated: Sacchitanand Uttekar of Tradebulls Securities
- Taking Stock: US Fed minutes scare away bulls; Sensex plunges nearly 400 points
- Fury of Francis: Two people are feared drowned as August's second named storm sweeps UK like a wrecking ball with heavy rain and 70mph winds battering staycationers' last week of summer
- Taking Stock: Nifty holds 11,300 on a volatile day; mid & smallcaps outperform
- Escape from France: Chaos as thousands of Britons battle to return home before 4AM tomorrow when country is put on UK quarantine list - as plane, train and ferry ticket prices soar while seats sell out
- Selling pressure behind stock market’s loss
- Holidays turn to HELL in an instant: British couple who paid nearly £1,000 to beat quarantine deadline after only business class Eurostar tickets are left are among thousands forced to flee France
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 17
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 18
- Quipping Paul Pogba underlines rift with Mourinho after West Ham defeat
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 19
- No lockdown, no masks, no hysteria... NO PROBLEM: Sweden didn't go into a corona coma - and it's living in glorious normality. Now DOMINIC SANDBROOK asks: Is this proof we got it all terribly wrong?
- NEW in Nigeria: Discover How to Natural Repair and Rebuild Your Pancreas So It Can Destroy Any Type of Diabetes You have
- As Germany expands COVID-19 travel tests, politicians debate cost
Shares close the week in negative zone have 678 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.