North-South railway is among top 10 sleeper train journeys worldwide
The Canadian magazine reports Vietnam is a hugely popular country to visit among backpackers traveling around Southeast Asia.
"Given how long and narrow the country is, a sleeper train is a great way to get from the northern capital city of Hanoi to the southern city of Ho Chi Minh without riding on a motorbike," says The Travel.
It notes that the sleeper train route is most suitable for budget travelers as it typically only costs around US$26 for a journey that lasts between 32 and 37 hours.
The magazine also reveals that passengers are able to choose from several seat classes, depending on how much they are willing to spend on a ticket. These include third class which has hard wooden seats, second class which has soft seats with access to an AC, second class sleeper which has six beds per compartment and AC, or first class sleeper which has four beds per compartment with AC.
Rounding off the list of the top 10 best sleeper train journeys are Paris to Venice on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, Zambia to Tanzania on the TAZARA Railway, London to Scotland on the Caledonian Sleeper, and Moscow to Beijing on the Trans-Siberian Railway. This is in addition to Delhi to Mumbai in India on the Maharajas' Express, Pretoria to Cape Town in South Africa on the Blue Train, Oslo to Bergen in Norway, Bangkok to Chiang Mai in Thailand, and Cusco to Arequipa in Peru on the Belmond Andean Explorer.
- PICS: 10 great train journeys the world can't resist
- Queensland Rail celebrates 150 years with steam train journey
- Indian Railways Update: 493 Trains Cancelled as Cold Wave Continues to Grip North India; Check Details Here
- Railways Cancel 76 Trains as Coronavirus Precautionary Measure, Non-occupancy
- A tale of two cities: See Chicago and New Orleans in style aboard a classic sleeper train
- IRCTC Big Update: Indian Railways cancels several trains till Feb 10, check complete list
- Indian Railways Cancels 415 Trains on February 3; Here’s How to Check Full List
- Boris Johnson slammed for taking private jet to Blackpool despite 3-hour train journey
- Many Tet trains delayed, canceled after train, truck collide
- All aboard the night train to Scotland... for the world’s best nap
- Railways Diverts, Cancels These Trains To, From UP-Bihar, Maharashtra and South India
- Railways to Run Winter Special Trains From Rajasthan to Goa, Mumbai, Hyderabad
- Indian Railways bans loud music, loud talking on trains, imposes this much fine
- Train collides with truck in northern Vietnam
- More trains to run on electric loco
- Indian Railways to Add Extra Coaches in These Trains to Meet Holi 2022 Rush; Check Full List
- SWR to run 4 trains with electric engines from January 28-29
- Budget 2022: A recap of all railway announcements since its merger with Union Budget
- Train Crashes into Freight Truck Tearing-off Front of Locomotive
- Indian Railways Operates First Goods Train Upto Manipur’s Kaimai Road Railway Station; Check Photos
North-South railway among top 10 sleeper train journeys worldwide have 501 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 22, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.