HÀ NỘI — After a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the National postage stamp exhibition – Vietstampex will start tomorrow at the Việt Nam-Soviet Friendship Labor Culture Palace in Hà Nội.
Events include a workshop on developing Việt Nam’s stamp collection movement, an issuance ceremony for the stamp set ‘Vietnamese Sea and Island’ and the release of the stamp set ‘Vietnamese Fairy Tales’ over the course of three days, beginning on June 24.
Vietstampex is a once-every-five-years event. The inaugural exhibition was held in 1998, and additional ones followed in 2000, 2005, 2010, and 2015.
This cultural event offers a chance for stamp collectors to trade, learn, and share information on creating stamp collections, as well as for visitors to understand more about the art of stamp collecting. In addition, this is an opportunity for international friends to learn more about the country, culture, and people of Việt Nam, which are shown on the country’s postage stamps.
Collections of diverse genres and themes, gathered by authors of all ages and selected by Stamp Associations in provinces and cities across the country, are on display in this exhibition.
To prepare for the event, Việt Nam Post has worked with the Việt Nam Stamp Association to hold a logo design competition for the National Postage Stamp exhibition – Vietstampex and to pick the winning design, as a symbol that aids in communicating the exhibition’s message.
The logo for this year’s event was made based on the emblem of the globe. It reflects the non-stop growth of Việt Nam Post which is merging and developing with World Post.
The highlight of the design is the four stamps in the heart of the globe, which carry the message of the postage stamp as an information portal linking people throughout the world, according to the organisers.
The numerals on the logo are also stylised into the shape of a magnifying glass and Hà Nội’s Khuê Văn Các (Constellation of Literature pavilion), which is the site for the event. The logo is a blend of blue, yellow, and red hues that signify joy, creativity, knowledge, sustainability and togetherness. VNS
- Cashless Day 2021 starts in Ha Noi
- Johor MCA to hold AGM on Nov 27 after one-year hiatus
- Iraq may open doors to Indian tea after 10-year hiatus
- LA Pride’s In-Person Parade Set To Return In June 2022 After 2-Year Hiatus Due To COVID
- COP26: Has this year's climate conference been a success?
- German Art Exhibition Documenta Expands Into Athens
- BJP brands everyone who opposes it as "anti-national": Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao
- ‘Bata’ Reyes, Lea Salonga, Clarkson, ‘Jollibee’, 6 others in ‘Living Legends: World–Renowned Series’ stamp collection
- National Museum of Korea aims to immerse visitors in new permanent exhibit
- Food stamp cuts take effect, hurting families
- Can Design Help the USPS Make Stamps Popular Again?
- The 25 Top World Destinations For 2022 By National Geographic
- National Art Museum exhibition celebrates young curators
- Riverton's Te Hikoi Museum loans penguin feather accessories to Te Papa for exhibition
- Facilities Brits want to see more of in their communities - like exhibitions and gardens
- Brits reveal facilities they want to see more of in their community - like exhibitions
- Arizona State Fair has record turnout, nearly 1.6M visitors
- Hot topics at Wrestling Nationals: SAI's cold response to national camps, withdrawal of awards, policy change
- Meth dealer gets another four years in jail for dealing while on parole
- Reimagining Wellington: Our 10-year-olds have all the answers
National stamp exhibition to be held in Hà Nội after two-year hiatus have 589 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.