Ho Chi Minh City health authorities have requested that 10 districts prepare to reactivate their COVID-19 treatment facilities as cases are predicted to soar if the Omicron BA.5 sub-variant appears in the city.
Three Omicron subvariants – BA.2, BA.4, and BA.5 – are currently dominant across the world, Tang Chi Thuong, director of the Ho Chi Minh City Department of Health, quoted statistics of the World Health Organization as saying during a meeting on Wednesday.
The Ministry of Health recently announced that the BA.5 sub-variant had entered Vietnam, Thuong continued, adding that the number of COVID-19 cases in the country may rise in the coming time.
Vaccination is currently the most effective prevention measure, the official stressed.
Ho Chi Minh City still has about 490,000 vaccine doses left, he elaborated, adding that the number of people who have received the fourth shot, or the second booster jab, is still low.
If the BA.5 sub-variant appears in the metropolis, cases are forecast to soar in Binh Tan District, Binh Chanh District, Binh Thanh District, District 12, Tan Phu District, Nha Be District, Go Vap District, District 4, District 6, and Thu Duc City — a district-level city.
These ten locales currently have the lowest vaccination rates in terms of booster shots.
The health sector thus recommends that authorities in the districts prepare to reactivate COVID-19 treatment facilities if the BA.5 sub-variant rages, Thuong stated.
As of Wednesday, health workers in the city of nine million had administered about 21.4 million vaccine doses, according to the city's COVID-19 portal.
Regarding the dengue fever outbreak, Thuong stated that he was very worried that the epidemic would become much more serious in the coming time.
A total of 42 fatalities have been recorded in southern Vietnam this year, 10 of which were documented in Ho Chi Minh City, he elaborated.
- Ho Chi Minh City building 500-bed makeshift hospital for novel coronavirus treatment
- Over 2,500 under home quarantine in Ho Chi Minh City as COVID-19 precaution
- Ho Chi Minh City extends COVID-19 school break through February
- Ho Chi Minh City luxury residential market shows bright prospects for 2020
- Ho Chi Minh City’s makeshift hospital for novel coronavirus treatment to open next week
- Ho Chi Minh City gives students another week off in wake of new coronavirus
- Cured novel coronavirus patient discharged from Ho Chi Minh City hospital
- Field hospital in Ho Chi Minh City comes into operation
- Man arrested, probed for beating up 4-month-old son in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City’s reputable maternity hospital clarifies blame for stillbirth
- Localities take COVID-19 prevention measures
- Deputy PM instructs tightening supervision to curb spread of Covid-19
- Life inside Vietnam’s COVID-19 epicenter
- 7th COVID-19 patient, a Chinese, walks out of hospital, thanks Vietnam doctors
- What’s the rush? COVID-19 scare restores Vietnam’s Hoi An to pre-tourism calm
- Coronavirus death toll climbs to 1,114 in China as WHO names it Covid-19
- 2,588 people put into quarantine areas in HCM City for COVID-19 monitoring
- Permanent working team sent to Vinh Phuc to help fight COVID-19
- Vietnam reports 16th case of COVID-19 infection
- China's Hubei province reports 242 COVID-19 coronavirus deaths and 14,840 new cases
Ho Chi Minh City health dept tells 10 districts to prep COVID-19 treatment facilities have 517 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 30, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.