During the talks, participants evaluated that the effective coordination among parties has contributed to well maintaining political security and public order, firmly protecting national sovereignty in each country and consolidating the special solidarity between Vietnam and Laos.
In realizing their inked memorandum of understanding, the Ha Tinh provincial Border Guard Command and the Borikhamxay and Khammuane provincial Public Security Departments have regularly exchanged information and situational developments and promoted information dissemination to mobilize people along the shared borderline to strictly observe the Protocol on the borderline and border markers and the Agreement on the regulations managing the land border and border gate system signed by the two governments. In addition, the two sides have well managed the import and export activities through border gates and sub-border gates.
Over the past years, Cau Treo International Border Gate in Ha Tinh province and Namphao Border Gate in Borikhamxay have completed exit and entry procedures for 466,355 people, while border gates of Ha Tinh and Khammuane provinces have conducted exit and entry procedures for 342 citizens.
Regarding crime prevention and control, Ha Tinh province's border guard and Borikhamxay province's public security force have worked together to smash a drug trafficking case, capturing a trafficker and seizing 12,000 tablets of synthetic drugs.
In addition, the Ha Tinh provincial Border Guard Command has provided health checkup for 650 Lao people, emergency aid for 100 cases, treatment and medicine for over 230 people in a village in Khamkeuth district of Borikhamxay province. The unit has also presented medicine, salt, and rice, especially medical supplies to assist Khammuane province in combating COVID-19 pandemic.
During the talks, the Ha Tinh provincial Border Guard Command and Borikhamxay and Khammuane provincial Public Security Departments discussed and signed many important documents on managing and protecting security in border areas in the coming time. They agreed to foster information dissemination to mobilize people in border areas to strictly carry out signed agreements, information sharing, and patrol to prevent drug-related crime, human trafficking, terrorism, and illegal border crossing, among others.
The units also agreed to continue to give advice to each other's Party committee and authorities to effectively manage and protect border areas and promote socio-economic and cultural development in border areas. They will also organize activities to mark their founding anniversaries and exchanges, contributing to strengthening the great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Laos.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Vietnamese, Chinese border guards hold regular talks
- Infiltration falling, says Border Guards Bangladesh
- Vietnamese and Chinese border guards promote cooperation
- Tear gas fired from Turkish side towards Greek border guards
- Vietnamese, Chinese border guards review cooperation
- Turkey, EU to hold talks amid standoff over migrants
- Turkey, EU to hold talks amid migrants standoff
- Putin holds talks with Erdogan to seek Syria ceasefire
- Japan says Olympics on track as Abe, Trump hold talks on coronavirus
- Finland’s Millennial Feminist Govt to Help Greece… By Sending Border Guards to Help Migrants Claim Asylum
- Reports: Turkish Police Use Drones to Organise Tear Gas Attacks on Greek Border Guards
- Erdogan to hold talks on migration with EU
- Interlocutor holds talks with Naga groups in Delhi
- Honduran migrants clash with Mexican troops blocking the 2,500-strong US-bound caravan on a bridge at Guatemalan border as hundreds of guards line the banks of the river to prevent crossing
- EU chief vows 'We will hold the line' as Greek police prevent 24,000 attempts to illegally enter the country following Turkey's decision to open their European borders
- How Mexico needs to handle its troubling federal security crisis
- US rejects Russian plan for Syria ceasefire at UN Security Council
- Trump to Deploy 160 Additional Troops to Mexican Border Amid Pending Court Rulings
- 'A lot more hand washing': Lawmakers try to guard against coronavirus on Capitol Hill
- Ban Ki-moon in Jerusalem for talks as violence escalates
Ha Tinh’s border guard holds talks with Laos’ public security units have 614 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 2, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.