More than 600,000 foreign tourists travelled to Vietnam in the first six months of this year, presenting a 6.8 percent year-on-year increase.
In June alone, the number of international visitors was 236,700 thanks to the resumption of international flights.
Of the total, the number of visitors arriving by air reached 523,900, accounting for 87 percent and up 9.4 percent compared to the same period last year; by road was 78,000, accounting for 13 percent.
Revenue from accommodation and catering services in June saw a 20.9 percent increase compared to the previous year. Some localities got revenue growth, such as Can Tho increased 52.1 percent, Hanoi up 44.4 percent, Dong Nai up 22.6 percent, Quang Ninh up 19.2 percent, HCMC up 17.2 percent, Hai Phong up 12.6 percent, Binh Duong up 11.4 percent and Da Nang up 11.2 percent.
This year, the trend of tourism has changed when travelers choose tourist destinations in the region.
The country’s total tourist revenue increased 94.4 percent in the first 6 months. Some localities got revenue growth, including Khanh Hoa up 627.8 percent, Can Tho up 183.9 percent, Hanoi up 129.3 percent, Da Nang up 98.5 percent, Quang Nam up 67.8 percent and HCMC up 49.1 percent.
This year, the trend of tourism has changed when travelers choose tourist destinations in the region. Holidaymakers in the Northern region have been interested in short-distance travel visiting destinations of Cat Ba, Ha Long, Sam Son, Cua Lo and Sapa while visitors in the Southern region have chosen Nha Trang and Mui Ne. in addition, tours to countries in Southeast Asia have also attracted many people.
By Mai An – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Foreign tourists to Indonesia plunge nearly 90 percent due to COVID-19
- Vietnam considers reopening Phu Quoc Island to foreign tourists: vice-minister
- International tourists down nearly 50 percent
- H1 foreign arrivals plummet 56 pct
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 27
- Vietnam’s foreign arrivals down 99.3 percent y-o-y in June
- German paper lauds Vietnam’s economic prospects
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 29
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 30
- Can Vietnam parlay its Covid-19 success into bigger victories?
- Hanoi aims to receive 11 million domestic tourists in H2
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 29
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia June 25
- Vietnam carriers launch more domestic routes
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 4
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 2
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 6
- Vietnam considers resuming flights to some Asian destinations
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 7
- With coronavirus under control, Vietnam and New Zealand see different travel trends
Foreign tourist arrivals to Vietnam up 6.8 percent in first six months have 385 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at June 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.