The projects are located at the Thuan Bac District of Vietnam, having started operations in 2020 under a 20-year PPA at US$93.5/MWh.
This transaction is expected to establish a long-term relationship between Xuan Thien Group and EDPR to jointly explore additional opportunities in the region contributing to accelerate EDPR growth prospects in APAC.
With this transaction, EDPR doubles its operational capacity in Vietnam, strengthening its presence in the APAC region, a market where it entered in 2021 and has been since reinforced with the integration of Sunseap in February 2022.
The transaction is subject to regulatory and other customary precedent conditions. Hyperion Investment Advisory Limited was Xuan Thien’s advisor in the transaction.
EDPR completed its S$1.1 billion acquisition of Sunseap Group earlier this year, establishing a clean energy hub for the Asia Pacific region that is headquartered in Singapore. EDPR expects to invest up to S$10 billion in the region by 2030.
An EDPR Sunseap APAC spokesperson added: "EDPR wants to be a key player in the region's transformative journey towards clean energy, which will allow economies to grow strongly while keeping at bay the problems of pollution and carbon emissions."
- CME Solar - Rolls out “zero-cost investment” model for rooftop solar projects
- Thai company acquires solar power facility in Vietnam
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 4
- SkyX Solar extends sustainability ambition
- CME Solar and Swiss responsAbility fund cooperate in clean energy in Vietnam
- Solar cells, wind turbine blades: the waste of the next decade
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 6
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS NOVEMBER 25
- LEGO Group to build new factory in Vietnam
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS NOVEMBER 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS NOVEMBER 29
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS NOVEMBER 28
- Reliance New Energy Solar To Acquire 40% Of Sterling & Wilson Solar, Second Big Deal In A Day
- Sembcorp and BCG Energy partner up for 1.5GW of renewable energy projects in Vietnam
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 8
- Norway - Supporting Vietnam’s energy transition with world-leading excellence in renewable energy
- Reliance Acquires REC Solar Holdings, Which Has IKEA, Audi, Tiger Beer As Customers; Manufacturing Units In Norway, Singapore
- The LEGO Group plans to build new factory in Vietnam to support long-term growth
- Vietnam eyes tech transfer from South Korea
- Russia reinforces Vietnam connection
EDPR acquires two solar projects in Vietnam have 352 words, post on ven.vn at June 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.