HÀ NỘI — Vietnamese airlines are required to implement preventive measures against illegal trade and commercial fraud activities taking place among flight crews, per the latest directive from the Civil Aviation Administration of Việt Nam (CAAV).
According to the document, airline management must have increased responsibility for preventing commercial fraud and the trade of smuggled or counterfeit goods among their staff.
The management boards must also strictly follow labour regulations towards their employees. Staff who abuse their position for smuggling will be suspended and banned from other positions in aviation companies.
Airlines will also be responsible for reporting to CAAV when foreign authorities conduct inspections on their flight crews.
Airport management supervises the implementation of the directive, which aims for stronger prevention of good smuggling and commercial fraud among flight crews in the areas of their authority.
The directive was made following a case where the Australian border force questioned nine flight attendants over suspected money laundering.
7News reported on the case but did not specify the airlines or the flight crews' nationality. However, images obtained by the news channel showed Vietnamese passports alongside large amounts of cash.
Vietnam Airlines confirmed that the flight attendants were their staff, and all of them had been allowed to fly back to Việt Nam on two different flights.
The national flag carrier on Saturday released a statement regarding the incident, saying it was a random examination of passengers and flight crews exiting the country. — VNS
- How passengers at airports around the world face stringent checks to halt coronavirus spread while UK is the only country STILL not checking travellers
- Travel light with a mask: Europe unveils plans to get planes back in sky
- How many defectors escape North Korea and why don't we hear more from them?
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 25
- TSA is preparing to test passengers’ temperatures at a dozen US airports as soon as next week in bid to combat spread of coronavirus
- Coronavirus latest: France says Paris no longer 'red zone'
- Coronavirus live updates: BART, Muni, SFO to receive $700 million in federal aid, Trump says
- Limits set on airfares, govt asks states to follow lockdown guidelines: Covid-19 news today
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 27
Airlines·asked to take stricter measures against staff's smuggling, trade violations have 381 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.