As of mid-May, about 2.67 million ha out of 4.28 million ha of rice from the winter-spring crop had been harvested, up 3.6% over the same period last year, with total output of about 17.7 million tons.
In the first five months, Vietnam shipped 2.86 million tons of rice overseas, a year-on-year rise of 10.3%, raking in 1.39 billion USD.
According to Nguyen Nhu Cuong, head of the Department of Crop Production under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Vietnam has about 7.3 million ha of rice and 1 million ha of vegetables. Basically, the country faces no risk of food security.
In husbandry, cattle farms have grown by 1.6% compared with May 2021, while pig populations rose 5.7% and poultry by 1.9%. Only buffalo numbers decreased by 1.5%.
Vietnamese processed chickens have been exported to seven countries and territories, while milk and dairy products have been shipped to nearly 50 countries, including China. Vietnam has also exported pork and eggs to a number of markets.
Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Phung Duc Tien said to boost the export of animals and their products, units, agencies and localities should focus on building production chains and breeding areas that should satisfy international standards as well as the requirements of importers.
Given the soaring prices of production materials, the ministry has instructed adjustments to production plans to minimise the impacts of unfavourable conditions.
The agricultural sector has also asked farmers to utilise advanced production technologies, promote circular production, and change their production mindsets, shifting from agricultural production to an agriculture-based economy.
- Vietnam’s agricultural sector records progress
- Vietnam willing to help Brunei ensure food security: PM DTiNews
- Northern provinces asked to boost agricultural sector
- Netherlands, Việt Nam sign 49 food security contracts
- Netherlands, Vietnam sign 49 food security contracts
- Netherlands, Việt Nam sign 49 food security contracts - Economy - Vietnam News Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports
- Rice needs higher attention for food security: experts
- Bản in : Deputy PM: Agriculture essential for national development strategy
- Third meeting on Asian agriculture opens in Hanoi
- Agro-forestry-fisheries export rises yearly 9% in 2011-2015
- Asian agricultural conference opens in Hanoi
- Restructuring rice sector in the Mekong River Delta
- TPP to challenge farm sector: seminar
- Minister lays out hi-tech agriculture solutions
- Ministry scraps conditions on rice export
- Rice exports: It’s time for the “giants” to leave - Agriculture - Economy
- FTAs provide plentiful opportunities for agriculture - Opportunities - Investment
- Bản in : Ten agricultural achievements in five years announced
- Ten agricultural achievements in five years announced - Social affair
- 2014 – Bumper year for agriculture - Agriculture - Economy
Agricultural sector ensures food security, exports have 409 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.