Global digital travel platform, Agoda, has recently launched its Eco Deals programme, which offers a wide range of properties where travellers can give back to communities and environmental initiatives.
Agoda's Sustainable Travel Trends Survey (2021) found consumers want to travel more sustainably, and that polluted beaches and waterways ranked as the top concern of tourists.
Accordingly, the company has partnered with World Wide Fund for Nature Singapore to provide funds for, and to raise awareness of, marine habitat restoration initiatives in Southeast Asia and flood relief efforts in Australia.
Eco Deals, which kicks off from 8 June 2022 to 8 December 2022, offers travellers the opportunity to select from a variety of holiday accommodation deals with a discount up to 15 per cent, and in turn, Agoda will make a donation of US$1 for every booking to contribute to the local WWF Offices' conservation efforts to restore marine habitats such as coral reefs and mangroves in Southeast Asia, or protecting wildlife affected by floods in Australia.
"In a post-COVID world, people are more aware of their impact on the places and communities they visit when travelling and are actively looking for ways and means to make their ecological footprint smaller. Through Agoda's Eco Deals initiative we provide consumers opportunities to 'give back' as part of our partners' and Agoda's social responsibility commitment," said Enric Casals, Regional Vice President Southeast Asia and Oceania.
"Many people travel to destinations across Southeast Asia and Australia for the pristine beaches, crystal clear seas and amazing opportunities to dive or snorkel in the coral reefs. But to ensure that these places flourish for future generations to explore, we need to travel more responsibly, starting now. This partnership with WWF will help travellers to take steps towards more sustainable travel,” Casals continued. — VNS
- Appeals Court Deals Trump's Travel Ban Yet Another Defeat
- Thursday's Best Deals: Custom Suits, Electric Smoker, Affordable iPads, and More
- Sunday's Best Deals: Cotton Sheets, Leather Dress Shoes, Otterbox Coolers, and More
- Friday's Best Lifestyle Deals: Joe's New Balance, Urban Outfitters, Sephora, and More
- Monday's Best Deals: Instant Pot, Lamps, Smart Locks, Kiehl's, and More
- Thursday's Best Lifestyle Deals: Mountain Hardwear, Frederick's of Hollywood, Sephora, and More
- Monday's Best Deals: Wireless Earbuds, Nike Sale, Battery Packs, and More
- Friday's Best Deals: $150 Dyson Vacuum, Spikeball, Reader-Favorite Headphones, and More
- Wednesday's Best Deals: Tankless Water Heaters, Fender Guitar Sale, Wireless Headphones, and More
- Wednesday's Best Deals: Calvin Klein Sale, Philips Hue Starter Kit, Harmony Remote, and More
- Tuesday's Best Deals: Portable Projector, Dash Buttons, Men's Shirts, and More
- Friday's Best Deals: Noise-Cancelling Headphones, Charging Cube, Coffee Accessories, and More
- Thursday's Best Deals: Qi Chargers, Nordstrom Rack Sale, YETI Hopper, and More
- Monday's Best Deals: Dropbox Plus, Security Systems, 4th of July Sales, and More
- Saturday's Best Deals: Color Laser Printer, Portable Projectors, 4K Fire TV, and More
- Tuesday's Best Deals: Fire Tablets, Dremel, Portable Projector, and More
- Monday's Best Deals: Zappos Sale, LTE Apple Watch, E3 Preorder Discounts, and More
- Tuesday's Best Deals: Instant Pot Ultra, OLED TV, Audio-Technica Headphones, and More
- Saturday's Best Deals: Anova Sous Vide Cooker, Projector, Electric Smoker, and More
- Sunday's Best Deals: Board Games, Brother Printer, REI Garage Sale, and More
Agoda’s Eco Deal initiative offers travellers exclusive deals that ‘give back’ have 540 words, post on bizhub.vn at June 29, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.