Hundreds of Mexican same-sex couples married on Friday, marking the first time that the annual mass ceremony in Mexico City ahead of its Pride parade has taken place after being cancelled for two years due to the pandemic.
A live band played traditional songs like Mendelssohn’s “Wedding March” as joyful couples, some in matching outfits, said their vows together. Several rainbow masks were pulled lower for first kisses as newlyweds.
|A man shows his bowtie as he celebrates LGBTQ+ pride month with a massive wedding of same sex couples in Mexico City, Mexico, June 24, 2022. Photo: Reuters|
The ceremony, funded by local government, provides an economical way for couples to get married. A large wedding cake topped with rainbow frosting was shared.
“Truth is, this is something we’d been planning to do for awhile,” said Miguel Delgado, who wore a rainbow bowtie for the occasion. “And because of the pandemic we hadn’t been able to do it, so once the occasion arose, we decided to take advantage of it,” he said.
|A couple dances as they celebrate LGBTQ+ pride month with a massive wedding of same sex couples in Mexico City, Mexico, June 24, 2022. Photo: Reuters|
Mexico City, the country’s capital, legalized same-sex marriage in 2010. Since then, 26 of Mexico’s 32 states have followed suit.
Thousands are expected to participate in Mexico City’s Pride Parade on Saturday.
|A couple embraces as they celebrate LGBTQ+ pride month with a massive wedding of same sex couples in Mexico City, Mexico, June 24, 2022. Photo: Reuters|
|A couple holds hands as they celebrate LGBTQ+ pride month with a massive wedding of same sex couples in Mexico City, Mexico, June 24, 2022. Photo: Reuters|
- The Latest: Mexico broadens shutdown, prohibits gatherings
- Three-Quarters of Israelis Back Same-Sex Civil Marriages: Survey
- Sheldon and Amy Finally Have Sex on ‘The Big Bang Theory’
- GOP US House primary in New Mexico gets personal, nasty
- EXCLUSIVE: 'We're showing people a path forward.' LA couple whose wedding was scrapped due to COVID-19 host futuristic cyber ceremony at their apartment with 1,500 guests tuning into their live stream
- Newsom signs order allowing couples to obtain marriage licenses via videoconference
- Rutgers professor blames Trump's 'clusterf****d' COVID response and his supporters for welcoming a 'mass winnowing of Black folks' as African Americans make up 30 per cent of all US cases of the virus
- Coronavirus live updates: White House considers more aid for cities and states
- John Lithgow and Alfred Molina’s ‘Love Is Strange’ Is the Love Story of the Year
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: BIO CEO Greenwood says US failed for years to heed warnings of coming pandemic; Trump: Fauci won't testify to 'a bunch of Trump haters'
- 'Nine years is not a Rupert Murdoch kind of difference': Karl Stefanovic dismisses the age gap between him and wife Jasmine as he runs a rule over rivals Sam Armytage, Kochie, and Lisa Wilkinson - and admits to a BIG error before his Today sacking
- Desperate women fleeing Venezuela sell hair, breast milk, sex to get by
- LIVE: Punjab to conduct 6,000 tests daily; nationwide tally jumps to 19,103
- Coronavirus victims in the UK could be 'buried in mass graves' if death toll surges
- The breakdown of a motoring dynasty: Kathleen Ford is an 80-year-old heiress to the £260m Ford family trust fund. Now, in a bombshell court case, her daughters are accusing the lawyer who's become her boyfriend of abusing her, writes TOM LEONARD
- Some Mexican Cartels Have Begun Human Trafficking as Drug Operations Are Disrupted
- Biden’s Coronavirus Plan: Catch and Release Border Crossers into U.S.
- Tottenham Hotspur: Martin Tyler shares his favourite memories of White Hart Lane
- PICTURED: The 'beautiful, loving daughter', 24, who allegedly 'had her throat slit' by a knifeman moments before he went on a rampage through Sydney - as his sister apologises to victims
- Sunday Telegraph readers share their precious Anzac Day photos
After two-year hiatus, Mexico City conducts mass ceremony for same-sex couples have 627 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 26, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.