Fifteen airlines are expected to operate international flights connecting numerous destinations with Da Nang from now until the end of the year, promising ample opportunities for the promotion and development of local tourism.
These airlines will operate international routes from such countries as South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Japan, and Malaysia, among others, to Da Nang with a total frequency of up to 90 flights per week, Ho Ky Minh, vice-chairman of the municipal People's Committee, said on Monday.
The Vietnamese coastal city recently collaborated with budget carrier Vietjet Air in opening five air routes to major cities in India and Singapore.
In the first six months of this year, Da Nang has welcomed 286 international flights carrying 35,000 passengers, according to vice-chairman Minh.
On June 24, the city received a record of 120 domestic and international flights, the official added.
The local tourism sector has had a positive and breakthrough recovery with a series of products, services, and festivals since the end of the first quarter.
Many tourist areas and attractions have received a large number of visitors, Minh continued, adding that the average occupancy rate of local hotels reached up to 70-75 percent on weekends.
The city's tourism revenue in the first six months of this year has increased 41 percent compared to the same period in 2021.
These are good signs for Da Nang's tourism after being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic for two years, the vice-chairman assessed, noting that the city now needs to renew itself in order to take advantage of every opportunity for tourism recovery and development.
- 15 haunting photos of the Vietnam War taken by a Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer
- Mandarin Airlines increases PH flights
- Satellite communications shaves US$3 billion from airline operating costs
- Asiana all set to become a beautiful airline
- Memories of Vietnam and APEC-ASEAN Summits; Difficult solution for Rohingya crisis in Myanmar
- PAL to open new domestic, int’l flights from hubs
- Trump to Duterte after Vietnam meeting: ‘See you tomorrow’
- Vietnam Air to lease 20 A321neo planes to to expand regional flights
- Ceres FC faces Vietnam on Feb. 21
- PAL cancels hundreds of domestic, int’l flights
- Cebu Pacific ups seat capacity to Vietnam
- Airline workers share 14 insider facts about flying most passengers don’t know
- RANKED: The 20 best airlines in the world
- Clark airport to add more int’l flights this yr
- Boracay Airport gears up for int’l flight operations
- Lawyer mulls suit vs airline
- United’s CEO cheated death a month into the job and is now leading the company in a battle to become America’s best airline
- Crew onboard a Cathay Pacific flight claim they saw North Korea’s latest missile test
- Business leader wants more int’l flights in Davao airport
- PAL to increase US flight frequencies
15 airlines to operate more intl’ flights to, from Vietnam’s Da Nang have 458 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 27, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.