VIENTIANNE — The official visit to Laos by Vietnamese National Assembly (NA) Chairman Vương Đình Huệ on May 15-17 holds great significance and will actively contribute to the great relationship between the two legislative bodies and their countries, said Chairman of the Lao NA Saysomphone Phomvihane during an interview granted to the Vietnam News Agency ahead of the trip.
Reviewing parliamentary cooperation in the recent past, he said the two NAs had been strengthening their traditional relations through the implementation of agreements and all-level mutual visits, as well as close coordination and mutual support at international and regional forums.
To continue bringing into play bilateral relations and cooperation, the two parliaments would press on with implementing their memorandum of understanding on cooperation and between the Lao NA's Secretariat and the Vietnamese NA's Office by increasing all-level delegation exchanges, supporting each other at regional and international parliamentary forums, working with the countries' Party and Government agencies to organise celebrations during the Year of Solidarity and Friendship 2022, sharing experience, monitoring joint projects, and promoting partnerships in economy, trade and investment, said the Lao leader.
He said that it would be his honour to welcome Chairman Huệ and the high-ranking delegation from Việt Nam, which is the first official visit to Laos by Huệ as Chairman of the Vietnamese NA and also the first by a foreign parliamentary leader to Laos since its 11th National Party Congress and the 9th tenure NA's first session.
The visit takes place amid a number of important activities being held in the Solidarity and Friendship Year, he noted, adding that it would be a particularly important diplomatic event and would greatly contribute to the great friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between the two countries, as well as between their legislative bodies.
The leader held that despite the complex and unpredictable regional and international situation, bilateral relations had been developing unceasingly. The organisation of the Solidarity and Friendship Year was a vivid demonstration of their special ties and also an occasion to look back on the rare long-standing relations and educate people, especially the young, on bilateral connections.
As hostile and reactionary forces were still seeking ruses to drive a wedge between Laos and Việt Nam, the countries' Parties, States and people needed to educate younger generations on their responsibility for upholding, protecting and promoting the special relations, Chairman Phomvihane added. — VNS
- Belarus, Pakistan on their way to hit $1bn in bilateral trade
- Top Pakistani, Iraqi authorities visit Turkey to discuss bilateral relations
- Armenian, Estonian FMs discuss opportunities to expand bilateral relations
- Belarusian diaspora in Poland invited to contribute to expansion of bilateral ties
- Belarusian diaspora in Poland invited to assist expansion of bilateral ties
- International press highly appreciates Vietnamese origin billionaire
- Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by head of Turkey-Azerbaijan inter-parliamentary friendship group
- Poland ready to arrange V4+EaP foreign ministers visit to Minsk
- Azerbaijan, Turkey hail their friendship as indestructible
- Belarus parliament delegation to visit Poland on 11-14 February
- Demands for ‘more Europe in NATO’ as leaders gather for Munich Security Conference
- Tsipras visits Turkey for talks to ease tensions
- Pope visits UAE in first for Gulf state as 'important step' for dialogue between Christians and Muslims
- Kim Jong-un expected in Vietnam early ahead of summit with Trump
- Belarus, Georgia to strengthen interparliamentary ties
- First meeting of 2019 between Erdoğan, Putin takes place today
- The extent of Turkey-Italy partnership
- Abe vows Kim meeting to 'break shell of mutual distrust'
- Uzbek delegation studying potato growing technology in U.S.
- Cui Qiming: Belarus and China are all-weather friends
Vietnamese NA Chairman's official visit to contribute to bilateral friendship: Lao leader have 593 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.