At the talk, the military commands of the two provinces updated each other on the socio-economic, defense-security situations in 2021 and the first quarter of 2022, and reviewed their coordination in military-defense task performance over the past time.
In particular, in 2021, the two sides maintained information exchange and promoted dissemination among local people of information about the traditional relationship between the two parties, states, and peoples, as well as regulations and border restrictions signed by the two countries.
Additionally, the two military commands coordinated with each other to prevent and control the COVID-19 pandemic while addressing immigration issues, maintaining security, social order and safety in the shared borderline, and combating cross-border crimes.
Since 2020, the Thanh Hoa provincial Military Command has presented anti-COVID-19 medical supplies and equipment, worth more than VND 2.5 billion, to the Houaphanh provincial Military Command and the Lao People's Army as well.
Especially, the Special Working Committee of Houaphanh province and Steering Committee 515 of Thanh Hoa province closely worked together to search for and collect remains of fallen Vietnamese volunteer soldiers and advisors in Laos.
In the time to come, the two sides pledged to enhance information dissemination and education to raise the people's awareness, especially young generations, of viewpoints and policies on comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Laos, Thanh Hoa and Houaphanh provinces.
Under the deal, the two commands will strengthen information exchange to deal with unexpected defense-security issues in a timely manner, promote cooperation in searching for and collecting remains of fallen Vietnamese volunteer soldiers and advisors in Laos in the dry season of the 2022-2023 period.
Translated by Quynh Oanh
- Vietnam, Russia committed to promoting defense cooperation as important pillar in bilateral relations
- Military units promote dissemination of 2019-nCoV-related information
- Vietnam and US continue promoting multifaceted cooperation
- Vietnamese, Indian military youths join exchange program
- Policy dialogue intensifies Vietnam-US defense cooperation
- Defense leader inspects nCoV prevention at military units
- Military units in southern region inspected
- Military units respond to 2019-nCoV prevention
- Military units respond to 2019-nCoV
- Defense Minister receives Indian diplomat
- Defense Minister welcomes foreign ambassadors to Vietnam
- Defense leader affirms support to Co To island district
- US and India pledge cooperation as domestic crises play out
- Defense Minister’s activities in Russia
- Promoting activities for the poor
- U.S. Ally Iraq Turns to Russia for Military Support, Oil Deals and Nation Building
- Trump says he does not mind if Philippines cuts military pact with U.S.
- Military Region 5 awarded Laos’ Labor Order
- Chemical Corps actively joins defense relations activities
- Vietnamese NA leader meets her counterparts on sidelines of AIPA 40
Vietnamese and Lao military units promote defense cooperation have 408 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.