The forum drew the participation of hundreds of Algerian economists, businessmen and investors as well as representatives of economic organizations and embassies of African and European countries.
Addressing the event, he said the forum is a good opportunity for Vietnam to explore the trade and investment potential of Annaba province and strengthen economic cooperation between Algeria and Vietnam in general.
The official emphasized the potential and strengths of Vietnam with a vast market of nearly 100 million people and an open economy. Despite the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the country recorded economic growth of 2.58 percent, which is expected to reach 6.5 percent this year.
Vietnam is benefiting from free trade agreements, including the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) and the E.U.-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA).
The African Continental Free Trade Agreement opens up an opportunity for Vietnamese companies to collaborate with Algerian operators and access this huge market of 1.3 billion people.
Regarding investment cooperation, the Bir Seba joint venture between PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corporation (PVEP), Thailand’s PTT Exploration and Production Public Company and Sonatrach Group is a symbol of the successful cooperation between Vietnam and Algeria. The joint venture has exploited about 18,000 barrels of crude oil daily since it was launched in 2003.
Initiated by the Algerian Youth Association in 2021, the forum aims to become an international event held in different provinces and cities to exchange knowledge and promote the development of the local economy and the recovery of the Algerian economy.
- President Obama leaves for week-long Asia trip to focus on economic and security cooperation
- Vietnam says fundamental deal reached on trade
- US Silence Muzzles Vietnam’s Dissidents
- Trump adds to U.S. bridge to Vietnam
- Trump in Asia: They love him in Vietnam
- All eyes on Trump and Putin attending Vietnam summit
- When Trump goes to Vietnam, I hope he can learn something from Ken Burns, Le Ly and me
- Trump wraps up Asia economic summit, chats briefly with Putin
- Kremlin says Putin and Trump likely to meet in Vietnam
- Bui Tin, Colonel Who Accepted South Vietnam’s Surrender, Dies at 90
- Vietnam jails student activist for anti-state propaganda
- Death toll from typhoon in Vietnam rises to 27
- Aerojet Rocketdyne Expands Solid Rocket Motor Center of Excellence at Arkansas Facility
- Achillion Expands Management Team With Appointment of Anthony S. Gibney as Chief Business Officer
- Funko Expands Wetmore Forest With New Original Line of Pop! Monsters
- Obama Was Not an Economic Radical. Trump Will Be.
- Lessons From Mali, Algeria and Libya
- Vietnam’s Labor Newspaper, Where a Staff of 200 Reports on Abuses at Home and Abroad
- Obama lifts Vietnam arms ban to remove 'lingering vestige of the Cold War'
- Qatar vows no surrender in Gulf crisis as U.S., Kuwait seek solution
Vietnam seeks to expand economic cooperation with Algeria have 442 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.