Havana (VNA) – A delegation of Vietnam's Supreme People's Court led by Deputy Chief Justice Nguyen Van Du paid an official visit to Cuba from May 18-21 to promote cooperation between the two court sectors and attend the 10th International Meeting on Justice and Law.
At a working session with the Chief Justice of Supreme People’s Court of Cuba, Rubén Remigio Ferro, the Vietnamese deputy chief justice informed the host on the main reforms in the Vietnamese court system in the recent past, including enhancing the publicity of sentences, improving judicial service quality for the public and modernising material conditions.
He stressed that in its judicial reform strategy, the Vietnamese State aims to enhance the capacity of judges, build electronic courts and intensify international experience exchange.
The Cuban chief justice also shared the orientation for the modernisation of the Cuban court system, and noted the similar points in the process of completing the judicial system in the two countries.
He paid attention to Vietnam's experience in judicial reconciliation and suggested holding knowledge exchanges or thematic workshops on the issue.
On the occasion, the Vietnamese delegation handed over some laptops as a gift from the Vietnam Supreme People's Court to the Cuban counterpart.
The International Meeting on Justice and Law, in its tenth edition, has established itself as a scientific-legal space of great prestige at the national and international level, in which presidents and magistrates of supreme courts of Justice, specialists, academics and professors from different latitudes participate./.
- Plan issued for implementing Vietnam – Cuba trade agreement
- Vietnam-Cuba cultural exchange in review
- Vietnam, Japan foster cooperation in industry, trade, energy
- Vietnam, US mark a quarter century of normalization
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 8
- Vietnam receives medicine from Cuba to fight COVID-19
- Russian Defense Ministry Eyes Return to Cuba, Vietnam - Deputy Minister
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 7
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 11
- Vietnam wishes to enhance cooperation with Tanzania
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 6
- Vietnam lauds Canada’s support to ASEAN in COVID-19 fight
- Canada attaches importance to cooperation with ASEAN
- Vietnam marks 25th anniversary of ASEAN partnership
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 9
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia August 6
- Cuba assists Vietnam with medical team, antiviral drug for Covid-19 fight
- Việt Nam receives medicine from Cuba to fight COVID-19
- Cuba sends medicine, health experts to Vietnam for COVID-19 fight
- Condolences to Vietnam over former Party leader’s passing
Vietnam, Cuba promote cooperation in justice have 408 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.